• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

where can a guy boondock in michigan

C

CuzzinOlaf

Dec 12, 2007
so where r the places a guy can boondock in michigan. there r barly any places in wisconsin so i need to find a place to back country ride

They are out there... you just need to venture out and explore. I always head to the snow belt around Rockland/Twin Lakes and north for the best snow.

S

snopro@

Feb 15, 2008
Leadville, CO
definitely some sweet places up in the Keweenaw....wait...I didn't say that....:D...nevermind its boring......:D...we don't get any snow either...

seriously there are some sweet powerlines and logging roads out by twin lakes or phoenix or south range.......Just explore a little..

Y
Jan 29, 2008
Newberry, MI
The east end ain't too shabby either. Between Paradise and Grand Marais along the lakeshore is typically the most snow in the entire U.P. Kingston plains and Melstrand is a common destination. I could spell out others, but I keep my secrets very guarded.

C

CuzzinOlaf

Dec 12, 2007
The east end ain't too shabby either. Between Paradise and Grand Marais along the lakeshore is typically the most snow in the entire U.P. Kingston plains and Melstrand is a common destination. I could spell out others, but I keep my secrets very guarded.

I have never been out east. Could you give us one location to start from?

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
North of the lift bridge is the best boondocking, stay away from the Twin Lakes area.

R
Jul 11, 2004
cpt illinois
how well will a 02 700 144 2in 165 hp do up that way starting my bulid in a few weeks
me and a buddy are goin to head up the end of feb snow pending maybe we can have a snowest ride or something

H
Dec 16, 2007
Big Bay
head up to big bay and then up in elevation. like Mt. Arvon. they have a ton of snow up there. i am from big bay and to me that is the best around. went north of houghton once and that was great to. big bay is very easy to get to the deep stuff. and load and unload. just my 2 cents.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
We have nothing North of the Bridge head to South Range and Twin Lakes!

Premium Features