• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

When your Edge RMK was running............

C

Chitown

.......what did you find worked for your 04 800 Slp single , flowright and horn, as far as getting and cluthing for 10,000 + , stock with team verses SLP or any other Gurus. I ride flat and CO. Any help greatly appreciated. Merry Christmas.

04 Edge

Primary I use almond spring (SLP has a comparable) and 10-60 weights with the SLP single. Lots of flow rites and the air horn kit. Mine has Carl's porting so I use his team helix. 1.95 or 2.05 gears with a 159 x 2. You may need 10-58s at that elevation and without the porting.

Yes almond round works well in the primary. Either black/red or red/black secondary spring. I geared down to 19/42. I ride 10K-12Kft. 10-60's work well at 10K and under. 10-58's pull in the 7900rpm range at 11K+ on my sled. I have used the 64/40.46 helix, but the stock helix works fine for me too and is what I'm currently running in it. Make sure your clutches are balanced and aligned correctly to find the best setup for your sled.

I also run the slp single, flowrites, big air slp. Use the yellow exhaust valve spring. I actually run cylinders off a 2001. No exhaust valves anymore. Sled runs much cooler now. Suffers on the low end a bit more but has a much better top end. I also have a high compression head. Put out 40psi more compression than my Dragon 800 did last year. It definitely helps up high.

Premium Features

Back