• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What turbo for 2014

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Looking to get new m8 turbo for next season. I love my m series push tial kit now and have looked at pushes new kit online it looks great. I still have not heard of anyone running one of these kits with any luck maybe if they would throw that vipec off it would be running good by now. I just dont know if I trust push this time doesnt seem like they are dialing this thing in???? Has anyone seen one or are these like bigfoot?

My buddy just got a new BD tial kit and it is quieter than my push which is nice but have not seen it run yet.

graham

What turbo and options(IC) do you go with? How is the on/off throttle response? I am not a shoot climber I want good throttle response over HP.

In another week or so the Push with Vipec should be good to go. Trying out a couple different things. By next year for sure it should be good to go. I will let everyone know what happens with mine. This thing has awesome power potential. Just need to get it all dialed in. Only rode it for two days but very impressed with the power so far.

Go with what has been proven and Tested

Go Twisted, Cutler or OVS in that order(in My opinion) and you won't go wrong
I know personally that twisted and Cutler have excellent product support, and their kits make lots of power. If you have a 800 I recommend the 2871-2, or 2876 Garrett BB Turbos

Got 1400 miles on my cpc stage 2 running 10-12 lbs last two seasons. Recommend it for sure. Also with the clutching I've got about 800 miles of hard riding in Revy on this belt an all seems perfect.

Another one to look at is the TSS kit. I personally would go with a bigger turbo than the 2860. Either 2871 a 2876. Josh

What turbo and options(IC) do you go with? How is the on/off throttle response? I am not a shoot climber I want good throttle response over HP.

I went with the intercooled kit with the base turbo 2860. I find the on off throttle response as good as stock. I am not a big chute climber either. I am really happy with the product. good support from both Boondocker USA and Boondocker Canada. I find that the BD box is simple to use, the maps BD sent are very close. I am finding the EGT's get hot. Probably from hot charge temps.(I think they would be worse if there was no I/C.) A team Clutch is a must.

Go with boondockers tial set up. Amazing throttle response and crazy power. I have 800 miles on my kit and haven't had to touch control box since first day of riding. 0 problems. And boondocker will actually answer there phone when you have a question.

snopro good to hear yours is running great. Looks like the BD's are working good. Bacon you still having issues with that vipec?

Just wondering...will the power commander not work on a turbo?
sjohns,
As stated, The PCV will work to fuel any turbo charged system utilizing fuel injection. All the PCV needs is a reference point for boost for the included TMAP sensors that the PCV will ship with.

Contrary to what's been mentioned - the PCV does NOT override/reflash/spoof the stock ECU. In this specific case on the Arctic Cat's, the PCV only plugs into the large 34-pin stock ECU connector and a ground lug. At this connector we obtain the power, injector, and the TPS signal that we need to fuel change the fuel delivery to the engine. The PCV does not intercept the i.e.: Air temp sensor to spoof different voltage readings - thus trimming the fuel. The Power Commander operates simply in pure PiggyBack form altering no signals returning back to the ECU.

The Arctic Cat's are perfect contestants to utilize our PCV-PTI system which automatically compensates for elevation changes as you ride. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised when tuning a Turbo system on an Arctic Cat sled, that our "Direct Pressure Compensation Feature" worked perfectly -- and required Zero tuning to the pressure table. By already adding the theoretical amount of fuel required, the AFR was spot on at all boost levels without inputting any numbers. This resulted in a very happy customer who's machine runs the same every time he pulls the cord at the parking lot, or on top of the mountain.

~T.J.

sjohns,
As stated, The PCV will work to fuel any turbo charged system utilizing fuel injection. All the PCV needs is a reference point for boost for the included TMAP sensors that the PCV will ship with.

Contrary to what's been mentioned - the PCV does NOT override/reflash/spoof the stock ECU. In this specific case on the Arctic Cat's, the PCV only plugs into the large 34-pin stock ECU connector and a ground lug. At this connector we obtain the power, injector, and the TPS signal that we need to fuel change the fuel delivery to the engine. The PCV does not intercept the i.e.: Air temp sensor to spoof different voltage readings - thus trimming the fuel. The Power Commander operates simply in pure PiggyBack form altering no signals returning back to the ECU.

The Arctic Cat's are perfect contestants to utilize our PCV-PTI system which automatically compensates for elevation changes as you ride. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised when tuning a Turbo system on an Arctic Cat sled, that our "Direct Pressure Compensation Feature" worked perfectly -- and required Zero tuning to the pressure table. By already adding the theoretical amount of fuel required, the AFR was spot on at all boost levels without inputting any numbers. This resulted in a very happy customer who's machine runs the same every time he pulls the cord at the parking lot, or on top of the mountain.

~T.J.

Have you guys ever looked further into timing control and overtaking the pipe sensor

Have you guys ever looked further into timing control and overtaking the pipe sensor
WyoBoy1000,
Overtaking the duty that the pipe sensor performs in the 1000cc engines is not something that Dynojet has ever looked into.
We are aware of the role that the pipe sensor plays in keeping these engines together, and do not wish to degrade/spoof what this sensor knows - much like the DET sensor plays an important role on the 800cc engines.
By having a full plus or minus 20* of timing adjustment, our newly released PCV-CDI provides ample room to tune the machine beyond just intercepting the pipe probe.

For w2bridin's question: personally I have yet to see an Arctic Cat Proclimb Push equipped machine on the snow in 34 days of riding this season.

~T.J.

I was asking about the 800,
More for down trail aspects, if one could make the ecu think the pipe sensor was up to temp 1250* in the mid range so it will stop 50* short of that to prevent burn down in the mid range. Specifically just the 6-6200rpm is what I would like to manipulate.

Wyo,
My apologies for targeting the 1000cc engine above. (When I see the 1000 in your name - I immediately think of the big twin which you rode)
Anywho - the pipe probe on the 800 (or the 1000) play the same role to operate the engine as the ECU is designed based on the inputs from various sensors.
To do as you've described mechanically, this would require dislinking the probe from the ECU and installing a resistor to clamp the resistance seen by the ECU at the 1250* temp value you've specified. But - this would be an across the board de-tune of the machine and the ECU would no longer be monitoring this sensor = not our Goal here.

There are 2 different methods to do what you've described utilizing what the PCV already has to offer (for those familiar with PCV control center - this will be easy) - both of which would require a thermocouple probe.
First would be via fuel addition -- install the probe in the exhaust and run this to a Thermocouple amp. In the PCV, we monitor the actual analog coolant temp signal of the machine in the harness - cut this wire and join the output of the thermocouple amp to the PCV wire into the the enclosure. The EGT temp is now linked to the Engine Temperature channel inside the PCV. Now set up the transfer function of the "Engine Temperature" to match the function supplied with your thermocouple amp. Enable the "start-up fuel" feature to fuel based on temperature, setting up your trim table to add fuel based on the 1250* temperature you wish to not exceed. This would be a 1D adjustment applying at all RPM/TP - once the sensor reaches the temperature, it will adjust fueling.

Second method would be via timing control -- same as the first method, install the probe in the exhaust and run this to a Thermocouple amp. The output of the amp will now run to the analog input available on the enclosure of every PCV's terminal strip. Now set up the transfer function of the "pressure input" to match the function supplied with your thermocouple amp leaving the engine temp wire untouched and still useable. With this pressure input, we can create Ignition(pressure) tables based on the EGT temperature of the probe in the exhaust to adjust timing from this probe. This will give you timing control at specific RPM like you wish to do. While the channel is labeled as pressure, one must remember that this is now referencing the EGT Temp.

For turbo applications, this would directly apply as the PCV will already be taking in the boost pressure signal from the charge tube. The same capability in the Ignition(pressure) table will exist to manipulate timing based on this boost Pressure input at specific RPM - unlike above which adjusted based on the EGT Temperature input.

Sorry to hijack OP - but we do field exotic questions similar to Wyo's very often. Informing as many people as possible with one post is a wonderful benefit of threads like this on the forum. The PCV supplies you with a plethora of options beyond just normal fuel adjustment, and these are just a few of them you can use to protect your engine or fuel it as desired.

~T.J.

i ran a CPC stage 2 turbo with the 2871 turbo. dales customer service is awesome, fit and finish was very good and the install instructions were very well done. i put about 1000km on it without issue (turbo issue anyway). ive since taken it off to sell it and trying a different route (light weight etc). i would buy another kit and would recommend the kit.

Premium Features

Back