• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What should 2018 M8000 be pulling for RPM

wait until your get over a few hundred miles...8k is about right on a newer motor.

If you look at the dyno sheets, the Ctec2 is happy any where from 7800-8200 so you should be sitting good.

Takled to Dealer he said I should see 8200 rpm. going to try a set of adjustable weights. Being a big guy in deep snow i am on the edge of cats clutching. We will see over christmas.

Not sure got it used and had the can on it already and no stock muffler. I wonder if anybody else is running a GGB can on a 2018???

i had a ggb trail can for some miles, but had some drag races and rolling starts with my buddies same m8000 and he pulled away all times. guessing the ggb can makes less hp than original(or that i pulled a little more rpm and lost hp that way?)

also the sag becomes weird, same preassure on both sides but up too 1 cm lower on pto side, and since u cant adjust rebound on the qsl i just put back the original can:face-icon-small-ton

Stock Mountain cat 162 with GGB can at 6000 ft I am pulling 8000rpm. Seems a little low. I am 245 lbs plus gear.

I'm your same size and was pulling 7950 at 7000ft. It's too low need to be around 8200, I'm running a speedwerx can.

Hmm I was getting 8400 yesterday at 6500-7000 feet in deep snow. Might need some more weight.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

162 with 150miles, I was 8,150 and 42mph track speed @ 6,600ft. Snow was deep enough i couldn't top the hill.
Very happy with this sled!

Mountain Cat

Cutler or ssi pro mag?
My cat is pulling 8550 rpm at sea level.... Stock sled..
Have to do something...

Those are same price sets but ssi is magnetic, easier?

Reactions: CMD
i run between 8150-8250.

At 8050-8150, it's running good but when i go out at warmer temp or higher altitude, it's dropping under 8000 and it's feel sluggish but he pull, just sluggish.

The joy of Cat engine are the wide rpm operation range.

I prefer run a great overall clutch setup. I dont wanting to play every ride to have right rpm (+-50rpm) because it's warmer or colder, because i running at 1000ft over/under, because the snow are wet or dry, because the snow are hard or soft.

Cutler or ssi pro mag?
My cat is pulling 8550 rpm at sea level.... Stock sled..
Have to do something...

Those are same price sets but ssi is magnetic, easier?

Cutlers are what i'm running currently and have in the past. Super easy to adjust with no belt removal. My past experience with magnets is having to remove the belt and open the spider to add or remove magnets. And they stick to everything.

Premium Features

Back