• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what kind of oil for turbo?

https://sfrcorp.com/product/sfr-ultimate-series-motor-oil-5w30/

this is by far the best stuff I've ever ran, it has an additive that will protect far greater. It also attaches to surface metal, holds up to 2x the heat as normal oils and much more, so when you shut down the engine and it quits pumping oil its still protected which is the biggest factor on turbos especially sleds when you shut them down the turbo will spin for 10+ minutes.

I was told by a turbo machinist that the 2 cycle oil gets cooked to the bearing assemblies with the high temps they see and gums them up over lots of miles. So I switched back to mobile 1 full synthetic.

The amsoil injector oil, is that there 2 stroke oil.
I have herd the same thing about turbos and 2 stroke oil. But I want to use amsoil ?

Just imagine your bearings gumming up like your power valves.. I am sure ams oil has some good synthetic oil.. 0-20w

Just imagine your bearings gumming up like your power valves.. I am sure ams oil has some good synthetic oil.. 0-20w

20wt amsoil is what I have ran in the past. Only downfall to running motor oil is that all your buddy's think your sled is blowing up when they smell a little burning motor oil in the air.

Seems like all the new kits are going to the injection oil. Boondockers design demands that the oil is either burnt on the bearing or bypassed through the seals before new oil is let in. So gumming must not be to bad of a problem. Just imagine all the money they are now losing by not selling guys that high dollar "turbo oil" they used to run.

Last edited:
ball bearings dont get the heat that journal bearing do, once the oil pressure drops in a journal the to metals come into contact and heat or coke the oils in between them.. balls dont do any of that. I think the gumming is a guess. based on 4 stroke journal experiences..

have a safe season pour a little berrry fragrance in oyu oil and it will be a fruity oil cloud..

lol:noidea::noidea:

Premium Features

Back