• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is the best riding glove or mitten?

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
im in the market for a new pair of gloves or mittens for riding. what are the best ones?

over the years I have used alot of gloves.. what I carry now is pearl izumi's(go pro has them)but mostly I use a thin pair of polaris leather gloves and some thin mechanic gloves....but I use nylon gauntlets as well normally put them on in the parking lot if the temp is below 0*..otherwise they are in my tunnel bag...when we go to the trapping cabin we can do 12-16 hr rides..no glove will work that long....gauntlets do....

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Love my eVent gloves from Polaris for warmer days. Colder days I like my Gordini Gore-Tex gloves. Had a pair of sealskin/otter/leather mittens for a few years but dropped one side last year while riding, and boy do I miss those. Used to wear my sixsixones inside them and never cold.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
where could i get my hands on some of those nylon gauntlets?

most of the dealers have them..go pro does for sure..I have 4 different styles..my favs for powder riding just go past the wrist..when i need to do something(like a technical move) I just stop and roll them up over the bars and away I go...they are similar to these
http://www.carlscycle.com/eshopprod..._gauntlets.SNOWMOBILE_HANDLEBAR_GAUNTLETS.htm
mine use velcro and are about half the length...have had them for at least 10 yrs...

Last edited:

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
I've got a pair of True North Adventure Gear's "Storm Gloves". They're my primary glove and good down to about 0 to -10 and I don't have hand guards blocking the wind.

When it's too cold for the Storm's I have a pair of mittens by Back Side. I have to turn my grip heat off when I wear them.

D
Dec 4, 2007
I rock a shocker

ShockerGlove.jpg

Mike 31x

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Linton, ND
Cold days i ride with a pair of cabelas gloves, not sure what they are called but are black and the inside of the hand is yellow. Otherwise I use TNA storm gloves, they are AWSOME!!!

S
Dec 1, 2007
Norther Utah (Utard)
For very cold days = mittens I have a pair of DROPs

for cold days I wear a pair of Arctic Cat leather insulated gloves, dont worry about them not being all cool material and this and that. leather grips good, blocks the wing and is durable. you can even touch your hot exhaust when needed.

for cool days I wear light motorcycle leather gloves or mechanix cold weather gloves

for most days I wear the new klim thin fitting glove or normal mechanix

I carry all the pairs with me as one pair rarely lasts all day and your in themountains, weather has been known to change.

spomey

Premium Features