• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SW Video What happens when all your riding buddies DIE?

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
turning 80 shortly....still in good shape and still ride mountains about anywhere.....lost my last son to riding when he took a much better job in another state....guys my age quit 10-15 years ago....ride by myself (even off-road), have satellite communication, so don't let that limit me too much, trying to be reasonable though....i may not take my snow-check (858 cat) mainly because, even though i hookup with occasional guy in parking lot, the fun factor of going with guys i'm familiar with, that i've had things in common with for half a lifetime, just isn't there anymore....not sorry for myself (maybe a little), but life moves on.....but shared memories are an important aspect of enjoyment, and that has been missing for quite a while now....proabably won't decide for sure until i half to pick up snocheck, maybe i'll change mind, but first time in a great while, i'm not quite as enthusiastic as i have been...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
turning 80 shortly....still in good shape and still ride mountains about anywhere.....lost my last son to riding when he took a much better job in another state....guys my age quit 10-15 years ago....ride by myself (even off-road), have satellite communication, so don't let that limit me too much, trying to be reasonable though....i may not take my snow-check (858 cat) mainly because, even though i hookup with occasional guy in parking lot, the fun factor of going with guys i'm familiar with, that i've had things in common with for half a lifetime, just isn't there anymore....not sorry for myself (maybe a little), but life moves on.....but shared memories are an important aspect of enjoyment, and that has been missing for quite a while now....proabably won't decide for sure until i half to pick up snocheck, maybe i'll change mind, but first time in a great while, i'm not quite as enthusiastic as i have been...
So if I am reading you right, you are also suffering from a LACK OF RIDING PARTNERS.
We get older and seem to start riding SOLO, not because we want to be alone, but because we just don't have many our age that wan't to get out there and hit the mountains any more.

Premium Features