• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What do you wear for a base layer

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
running tights over underwear

or I also have Klim base layer long john style pants, then snow pants but no pants what so ever above base layer, klim Jersey.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Under Armour Cold Gear. I have a set I use 5-6 days a week Dec-Mar plus on occasions before and after for the past 6 years. The tops have at least 25000 miles of riding and are still in good shape. Comfortable, wears like iron. I have a set of the 4.0 extremes for the realy cold days. Stuff is worth the money. I tried the Cabella's knock offs but did not like the way they fit like Under Armour.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Up top is usually Under Armor of some kind whether is's cold gear or sometimes just a heat gear T-shirt. Then the Tekvest and a Klim outer shell (non insulated).

For the pants / bottoms, under armor cold gear and the non insulated pants. Sometimes, just a pair of mesh shorts if it's a little warmer out.

Bottom line though..........NO COTTON!!!!!!!!!

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
I wear the Klim aggressor shirt; a long sleeve cotton shirt over that; and my Klim Valdez jacket. ONLY time my upper body was ever cold was that one day it was 11 below...will never ride again when t's that cold.

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
Under armour cold gear top and bottom long johns. Then jeans and t shirt. I wear klim socks as well. Lightweight and warm

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
After going to UA i tried to wear jeans again..... wow jeans make u ride like a goober!
They stick to my legs and restrict mobilty a lot! Can never wear jeans riding again.
But it takes only a few seconds to put a pair of jeans over the top of my UA and im ready for beer!

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
After going to UA i tried to wear jeans again..... wow jeans make u ride like a goober!
They stick to my legs and restrict mobilty a lot! Can never wear jeans riding again.
But it takes only a few seconds to put a pair of jeans over the top of my UA and im ready for beer!

You must be wearing them skinny jeans, I've never had one issue with wearing jeans. ;)

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I wear the Klim aggressor pants and under armor cold gear for the top. Throw on a bear of basketball shorts and a t shirt and then put my pullover and bibs on. I always get really warm riding especially when we are in the trees riding all day!

Powderhound

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
Go to a TJMAXX look for Layer 8 . It is a base layer with a small fleece lining. 20 bucks for a top and bottom. Awesome gear.

Premium Features