• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Went for a ride tonight.

How is the snow snow up there? I know some guys that are looking for something closer than out west for a weekend.

I got another 6'' last night.

Just on the north side of Duluth. Trails are being groomed all over here. I rode 100 miles yeasterday. Nothshore trail, Reservoir trail and Pequawan. I also rode the Cloquet river. Don't ride the river with a trail sled. Lots of slush and some open water. It was soooo much fun with a 1,100 turbo and a 163'' track.

Going out this morning and enjoying the fresh dump.

Going out tomorrow to enjoy the last riding day of the year.

Owen

carol trail 1.jpg

I must be at the right elevation for snow.....

it's still snowing and it's up to ten now from last night and today. Along with the blizzard Wed and a half dozen last Sun. I'm running out of room to plow, and I use a tractor loader. I've been at it all morn. Done or not it's time to enjoy it and go ride. Pics tonight at 11.

Owen

tractor snow.jpg

Last edited:
The NS trail has parking lots at the Martin rd. and

Normana rd. 'Recomended' as the first ten miles gets beaten up. Then at Two Harbors.

deep snow '12.jpg trail.jpg night rider 2.jpg mike.jpg

Last edited:
Snow Conditions

Any update on the snow conditions for Duluth and Two Harbors would be great. Im from SE MN and thinking about leaving Friday to come up riding for the weekend. Just seeing if its worth it, cause its been pretty warm lately! And isnt it suppose to rain today up there??

Any update on the snow conditions for Duluth and Two Harbors would be great. Im from SE MN and thinking about leaving Friday to come up riding for the weekend. Just seeing if its worth it, cause its been pretty warm lately! And isnt it suppose to rain today up there??

Weather reports as far as temps doesn't look promising.

I am going to be in McGregor next week and I don't count on any snow unless it is shaded.

Yeah, the forecast is not good, although...........

the trails are being groomed a lot. I just came from the Lane rd NW of Two Harbors and the groomers were out and the trail looked great. If it gets cooler tonight the trail will be good '' with scratchers'' in the morn. I might go out this afternoon. Naw it's too warm. 39 deg.

Owen

Thanks guys, yeah im just not for sure yet. Was thinking about trying to get up towards Beaver Bay. What do they even have for snow anymore? I try to stay off the trail as much as possible, was gunna try and ride one more time this year but its not looking good!

I'd say get inland ten miles and the off trail will be good.

The hillside sloping towards Lake Superior always melts out first. And that slope didn't have much snow in the first place.

Owen

Premium Features

Back