• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Well this doesn't help....

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Sounds like typical millennial Sledder attitudes.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I think the whole story is suspect.
Here are some MORE details...

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/loc...60ihAHgqDzJXhR6DNaL4UJ518ETDSCE8y2R7HkiF4UchY

sledfollo-atd-071819-1.jpg

sledfollo-atd-071819-1-4.jpg

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
I'm ahead of you.

And he LIKED my post. What a doofus.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0EePFfnS3a/?igshid=180oqle2hsqrq

That is because he is trolling you most likely. I know Lesh & this is all a big joke to him. He has "my Dad is a lawyer" money so this is no big deal. This is also in his eyes great PR for his business, maybe he is having a summer outerwear blowout sale soon on Virtika. Sucks for rest of us that actually care about the sport for sure. Maybe at most he will get a fine for sledding on the tundra.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Ellie Wilder Oates:
Wow!!! A D-Bag from Chicago in the Upper Roaring Fork Valley????? Who would have thunk it?
Like · Reply · 6 · 15h :pound:

Think we have 2019's Parking Lot Poser winner!

Reactions: wrtmani
U
Sep 12, 2010
Do we have any indication that they did cross the Wilderness Boundary? The map shows a lot of room to play at Independence Pass outside the designated wilderness.

Either way, tearing up the meadow on or near a trail is a high profile d-bag move!

That is because he is trolling you most likely. I know Lesh & this is all a big joke to him. He has "my Dad is a lawyer" money so this is no big deal. This is also in his eyes great PR for his business, maybe he is having a summer outerwear blowout sale soon on Virtika. Sucks for rest of us that actually care about the sport for sure. Maybe at most he will get a fine for sledding on the tundra.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Yep, a real a$$ clown there! Just remember the name Virtika, his clothing line and do not EVER buy any of his junk. Stupid Chicago D-bag, right in the middle of several forest revision plans in Colorado too. Thanks for the "help" Lesh.

Come on back and ride with my crew.

And yes, they rode through the wilderness, on the dirt no less. Can we skin him and then burn him alive? Is that still PC....LOL

Reactions: Lake Powell
U
Sep 12, 2010
Where did they go? Out west we get a lot of people that call everything outside city limits "wilderness", but the fact is that much of the Northwest is not designated Wilderness and is legal to ride.

I'm not familiar with Independence Pass, but the map shows an area of more than a square mile, going up to the ridge at 13,200', outside the wilderness boundary.

• Angry
Reactions: Akeleach

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Yes, "w"ilderness is often generalized as THE "W"ilderness.

He allegedly took video while riding inside the designated "W"ilderness boundary.

Where did they go? Out west we get a lot of people that call everything outside city limits "wilderness", but the fact is that much of the Northwest is not designated Wilderness and is legal to ride.

I'm not familiar with Independence Pass, but the map shows an area of more than a square mile, going up to the ridge at 13,200', outside the wilderness boundary.

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
So who took the original picture of him in the dirt next to the parking lot? Was that his own buddy or one of the ecologists reporting the incident?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
So who took the original picture of him in the dirt next to the parking lot? Was that his own buddy or one of the ecologists reporting the incident?

I believe it was the ecologists who took the pics and reported it. The guy is just loving the attention, must not have got enough as child. The whole situation just sucks.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
His "apology" video looks like something he already had produced for something else.
He's not sorry.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Being near Hollyweird, knowing people in the world of make believe and seeing one of many company videos …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7nyJA44jSQ

I would seriously look at video editing before making a decision.

From my point of view any fake or real abuse of riding areas is terrible for sledders. Will investigators go far enough to see if this was staged and or photoshopped?

At this point (if you believe what you see) I would think they would have confiscated the drug plane.

Last edited:

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Yep, a real a$$ clown there! Just remember the name Virtika, his clothing line and do not EVER buy any of his junk. Stupid Chicago D-bag, right in the middle of several forest revision plans in Colorado too. Thanks for the "help" Lesh.

Come on back and ride with my crew.

And yes, they rode through the wilderness, on the dirt no less. Can we skin him and then burn him alive? Is that still PC....LOL
Big 10 you are usually quite the knob. In this case though, you are uncharacteristically correct. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Premium Features