• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Well heres my 09 summer mods progress

C
09 Summit X, 154 got a new tunnel this summer, terra alps 154,

will be adding
-2010 rear susp. update kit
-aftermarket head, still looking for one
-vent kit
-air box mod.
-MX RS undermount running board stiffners, for a little extra strength

web1.jpg

brokenbones4

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Terra Alps has one of the cleanest looking tunnels made, and yet, you don't see many of them? Killer sled man!

sure you see lots of them out there but they normaly say cr racing on the side! if terra alps wanted to make a tunnel and alpine for that matter, maybe they should come up with their own design.

T
May 22, 2010
Kelowna BC
sure you see lots of them out there but they normaly say cr racing on the side! if terra alps wanted to make a tunnel and alpine for that matter, maybe they should come up with their own design.

Got to love these young guys that think they know it!
Well broken! for your info, I (Ted) design and build all my tunnels. I have been for over 10 yrs. I draw them up on the computor(autocad), others have someone else do it for them. I have a friend cnc cut them out of good strong material that doesn't crack like others. I bend them up myself for quality assurance, and assemble them for quality and straightness. I have alot of quality put into ours tunnels so they last 10 years not just look pretty. I build race tunnels, for better body positioning. Not just a replacement tunnel.
I have been using the Polaris cooling extrusion on the side of the running boards since 2000' since Polaris came out with it. Back when I raced polaris sleds in the hillclimb and grass drag circuits. VE has a similiar extrusion but not as strong. cr just started using a similiar extrusion a couple years ago.
I designed the running board open slots on our tunnels back in 04' tested the size of the open holes for strength but also for how much snow comes up thru the holes instead of going down like its supposed to. I dont think anyone else did this cause some of those holes are huge then they crack, hmmm no testing isn't that good for the buyer. When did others come out with a similiar design??? last year? after some seen one of my drawings.
For other companies like alpine or whoever, they use to use cr tunnels and now make a pretty similiar copy of there tunnels. I still don't care for the style but to each there own. I do feel bad for cr but what comes around goes around I guess, and the quality tunnels will last.
Hope this clears your misunderstanding, next time stop in the shop and take a look and I give you a tour, or I'll talk to you on the phone again!:face-icon-small-win

Ted,

Premium Features