• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Weird bog on CPC stage 2 PC

H

HOOCH256

So had my sled out the other day and it was having a really weird big issue that I couldn't figure out! The sled is basically the same as it was last year. No major changes at all to the sled.

So what it's doing....in a pull, I'll stand on it boost comes up and hits 7# holds it good egts sit around 900* and within about 5-10sec the sled starts to fall in it's face, sounds like it's loading up really bad. If I chop the throttle it goes away but comes right back after it's been holding 7# for about 5-10sec. I've checked plugs and they look good, checked all my fuses, I normally run 37# FP and my box numbers are GB 4.5, RB 4.5, R3, Y3, G2.

Literally the only thing different in the sled is the act that I'm running a headlight this year. A buddy suggested that was my issue, he said his sled had a very similar problem. I've also been told to buy hotter plugs? I'm just running the standard plugs but I ran the standard plugs last year.

Also with those box setting last year my EGTs ran around 1050-1100 in long deep pulls.

Thanks in advanced fellas

Sled
2012 Proclimb CPC stage 2

No man that's waaayyyy rich. Setup is 35 psi fuel. G-1 Y-2 R-3 GB-3 per cutler instructions. I run 10-12 lbs at way less. 35 psi. G-1 Y-1.5 R-2 GB- 2.5

Going to be testing with a little less PSI even this trip to try an get better dead idle to WOT response. Seems rich still. I've got 2600 miles on these settings.

Also have to checked your reeds??? I run 1250 EGTS @ 11.7 AFR WOT for the 3 seasons now.

Last edited:
No man that's waaayyyy rich. Setup is 35 psi fuel. G-1 Y-2 R-3 GB-3 per cutler instructions. I run 10-12 lbs at way less. 35 psi. G-1 Y-1.5 R-2 GB- 2.5

Going to be testing with a little less PSI even this trip to try an get better dead idle to WOT response. Seems rich still. I've got 2600 miles on these settings.

Also have to checked your reeds??? I run 1250 EGTS @ 11.7 AFR WOT for the 3 seasons now.

Thanks I will try these numbers when I get home. But keep in mind my elevation is 5-8k. And no I have not checked reeds, was kinda hoping I didn't have to considering that's a big project. But if I can't tune it out then that will be my next path to check.

That's sactly what I run 4500-8000. All I ride is Revy. Buy a cheap Chinese borescope cam off ebay for 25 bucks with an LED light on it that plugs into USB on your computer. I check reeds in ten mins.

How many miles on reeds an are they stockers?? Also do you have pump gas spring in waste gate then to run 7lbs are do you have it cheated down. Cuz cheating the race gas waste gate down to 7 makes the boost come on terrible laggy.

Last edited:
1300 miles on the reeds and yes they are stock, but the turbo was on around 900ish.

I have a bore scope, where is the best place to get into it from? Seems like it's still a bit is a chore to even get there

And no it's the pump gas waste gate, I have it adjusted per Dale Cutlers recommendations. I can get max 8.5 if I turn the boost up to max

Pop off charge tube. Tape throttle wide open an send it in past bodies. Reeds are prolly chipped with them miles an stockers. Is it any harder to start?? Need a little throttle??

Pop off charge tube. Tape throttle wide open an send it in past bodies. Reeds are prolly chipped with them miles an stockers. Is it any harder to start?? Need a little throttle??

Well as a matter of fact it has been pretty tough at times to start other times it fires right up but the last time I went here was a few times it took forever to start.

Premium Features

Back