• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Weekend riding trip to?

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
Hey everyone, Happy New Year! I'm debating a quick trip somewhere to get in some snow since we haven't had the best luck here in Central OR yet. I'm fairly new to the area and looking for out of state recommendations.

My party is mostly experienced but not pros by any means. Some limited sidehill experience for a few folks. Where are your favorite places to drag the sleds to out of state? I realize snow pack is part of the equation but I can do that running around and checking. Obviously, I'd like to keep the truck travel time as low as possible but a decent haul isn't out of the question.

Thanks in advance!

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Decent snow pack seems to be a bit north, if i was leaving today, i'd head to Lolo pass for a day or two then north. Seeley lake then Whitefish and loop back down the pan handle.

Whistler/Pemberton is good also if everyone has passports.

Reactions: Adam12

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Mt. Adams, Snow King Snopark would be a lot closer than Montana. Take the right fork going into Trout Lake.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
McCall or Stanley, Idaho? I would post in the Idaho section.
We like Island Park, Idaho. Montana and Idaho, right there. The best of both worlds.
And Alpine Wyoming is not to far away.

Reactions: Adam12
Premium Features