• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Water Temp Sensor 2 Flash Engine Light

I
Jan 4, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
2004 F7 Firecat with a D&D BB800, i recently replaced head O rings and took the flywheel off to clean behind it(recoil decided to come off so before something would happen i cleaned it). And now after i replaced the head O rings and took the flywheel off. When i start the engine and let it idle to warm up, 30 seconds after i start it, the check engine light flashes twice, pauses then flashes twice again. Two flashes is "open or short circuit in water temperature sensor", i thought it might be a bad connection, so i put conductive grease on the connection and it still does the same thing. In December i put in a new water temperature sensor just so i wouldn't need to take the engine out to put on a new one if the old one would go, but i kept the old one(which still was functioning properly before i removed it), i tried to plug the old one in to the socket, and see what it would do, but it still gave the engine light flashing twice. With the sensor cold the sensor measured 2.31 ohms yesterday, and then this morning it was -2*C , got down to -8*C outside last night. So in that temperature range, and it measured 6.99-7.00 OHM, with the setting on my meter at 20k.
http://www.arcticchat.com/forum/att...1302021404-2-blinks-engine-light-img_2169.jpg

Riding it around the engine light is very inconsistent. Sometimes it flashes twice pauses then flashes twice again. Then other times it doesn't flash for a long time, then flashes twice quickly. And it's just not looking right. Could this be a mag problem? The sled runs perfectly fine and doesn't hickup except for my low end bog from bad tuning like usual before the engine light happened.

Does anyone have an idea on what the problem could be?

On a side note, what should i run for clutching at around 7000ft? For clutch springs, weights and helix's i have...

Helix
60/54X
58/52

Weights
Q1 68.5g
75g

Primary Springs
Orange
Yellow
Speedwerx Titanium with Blue Mark

Secondary Springs
Green
Navy Blue
Purple

Bold is what i have installed.

Edit: Picture was too friggen huge, just click the link to see what i had my voltmeter set to.

Last edited:
Premium Features