• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

warm storm 6 to 9 FEB FRI-MON

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Daytime storm snow levels above 8500 feet At night to 7000feet

High pressure to slide to Temecula / Mexico and launch moisture OVER OCEAN in front of San Francisco inland with a low pressure dragging cold front south.

Right now suppose to meet Sonoma county and do a dumping of 10 inches of rain in 72 hours

3-6 inches snow for Mammoth

3-5 inches RAIN for TRUCKEE

10 plus inches rain for SHASTA snow above 8000 feet

p168i.gif

Northern Idaho could get over 5 feet snow and sawtooth 3 feet Yellowstone 2 feet

This storm forecast is SUDDEN ... ALL computer models have been forecasting no moisture what so ever for CAlifornia until last few days for this weekend storm

index.php

Last edited:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Storming is moving more south increasing likelihood of more H20 to Tahoe South ... well into Mammoth.

Storm is still pretty warm snow level 8000 -9000 feet.

T
Dec 20, 2014
Carson city
well the temps dropped about 15* in about 3 hrs at the start of the storm, I believe it has to do with evaporational cooling. Then it slowly warmed up.
When I got out of town and was in Meyers it was snowing then turned to rain like it was in town. Then we drove over kingsbury grade and it was evenn raining up there. I know they were predicting high snow elevation levels, I just hope it stays cold enough to snow at or below 7k.

But last I heard the snow levels dropped down and is now snowing below 7k ft

Last edited:
Premium Features