• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

want to sell sled, what do you think I should try get 4 it?

Yeah, its time to sell my baby!

It is a 04 RMK 800 with all the bells and whistles...

I paid 8,600 brand new and put another 4,000 in to motor work and other goodies.

KBB said a stock sled would sell for 3,770. but I was hoping to get 4,500 for it. Do you guys think that is reasonable???

It has fairly low miles, I think just a touch over 2,200, not bad for a 2004.

also it is now a 162x2.25x15

If you would like more info just ask.

Thanks again

Sleds are hard to sell right now for the most part. IMO, you'd be lucky to get $4k out of it. Not that its not worth $4500 but I don't think you'll get that for it.

Just sold an '04 800RMK with full Carl's Cycle motor treatment, SLP single, 159 track, SLP skis, IndyDan bottomend for $3800 and felt lucky to get that.

sled_guy

yeah, I have quite a bit more done up on mine but I see where you guys are going on this. It sucks selling a sled at a stock sticker price when you put 4 grand into it. Well if not now there is always haydays!!! lol

Depends on where you are and the time of year....I have the same sled and watch prices. Out west this time of year: $3,000 to $3,300....Not what you or I want to hear, it's just most want the newer style.

Extras rarely bump the price much.......G'luck...

Sleds are hard to sell right now for the most part. IMO, you'd be lucky to get $4k out of it. Not that its not worth $4500 but I don't think you'll get that for it.

Yep. Thing is the people that are buying are expecting that the person selling is super desperate and expect a kick @ss deal. A guy up the street is selling a sled around the same year with the Assault package and can't get $3500.

I'm looking for a 800 motor if you do part out, but it doesn't sound like that sled needs to be parted. In any case, good luck.

Feel your pain

This year is obviously a buyer's market not a seller's one. I've seen '04 Edges going for sickeningly low prices. (if you own an Edge anyway) I have an "04 800 with a ton of stuff (VanAmburg tunnel, Holz suspension, Fox all the way around, Boss seat and on and on) I thought maybe I ought to sell her this year and step into the next project. But early this fall the writing was on the wall. The economy coupled with another less-than-stellar snow season adds up to cheap sleds everywhere you turn. I think mines worth $7500.00 I'd be happy to get $5000.00. But in reality? $3500.00 MAYBE. And at that price the old Edge will become a backup sled while I make plans to go on welfare so I can afford to buy a newer machine and start this game all over again. It's a sickness you guys, I'm tellin ya! Good luck!

Have to agree, when you put more money into them when there new, you never get it back out of the sled. IMO your better off to take the after market stuff off and go back to stock and sell the extras to try and get a little out of the extras. Because when a sled gets that old no matter how much is done to it or how good of condition it is in they only bring so much.

Just my two penny's

Premium Features

Back