• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

walker evans shocks

D
Dec 15, 2016
i have a 07 600 rmk with walker evans front shocks. the polaris part number is 7043364. i cant find anything on the web on how to adjust the hardness on them. just wondering if anybody has experience with them. thanks

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
If these are the WE Air, no springs on them, the only way to adjust firmness without a teardown is to up the nitrogen pressure, unless someone has added Fabcraft chambers to them. If they have not been revalved to the newer specs, that is worth doing too, keeps the sled from diving, but you have to have someone who is familiar with the shocks do that. I used to have Fabcraft do mine but they are only going to be doing custom sled work now from what I understand.

I have a set with the Fabcraft chambers on the front and they work pretty well, but if you can pick up a set of springover WE (or other) shocks that fit, I would change those out, not worth the hassles to do too much work to them. IMHO

EDIT: Like these, although these particular shocks are the wrong length:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polaris-IQ-R-Race-600RR-600-440-11-10-09-08-07-06-05-12-walker-evans-shock-18-/121310710462?hash=item1c3eae8abe:g:KeUAAMXQydtTO9op&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
You gotta have the right tools, if I recall the normal value is around 225 PSI. Bottle, needle, gauge, regulator... some poeple buy the stuff to do it themselves, I take it into the dealer and have them do it, but last time they charged me way too much to basically check the pressure... not sure what I am going to do this time around.:yuck:

D
Dec 15, 2016
yea i asked my local dealer and they didnt know a thing about them. so i guess im screwed. its just that one side is a lot softer than the other so it really messes with your handleing:face-icon-small-fro

zalez

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
If they are WE Airs, send them to fabcraft and let them do their magic.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
If they are WE Airs, send them to fabcraft and let them do their magic.
I would agree if they were still doing their shock work, I do not believe they are, give them a call and leave a message. Plus it would be more $$ than a simple pressure check / nitrogen refill. Mike is working on building a new shop so I am not sure he has his equipment available. They moved out of their old location. The number is still good at 406-777-1200, if I recall correctly, leave a message and he calls you back.

If your Polaris dealer does not know how to pressurize nitrogen shocks, they are idiots. Those shocks came on many sleds from 2007 through 2010, and I think the same equipment works for Fox and other brand shocks too...

Premium Features