• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Viper steering fix

F
Dec 19, 2011
Does anyone else have a problem where the bolt at the bottom of the steer shaft where it connects to the tie rods kept coming loose ?

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Does anyone else have a problem where the bolt at the bottom of the steer shaft where it connects to the tie rods kept coming loose ?

That has been known and been a Cat bulletin since 2014, had it done on my 2014 M8. Both our Vipers have came loose, my Viper came loose a second time even with lock tite on it. Guys, if your steering feels sloppy pull the rubber boot back on the lower right front a arm and put some lock tite on the bottom of the steering column nut and tighten it......don't wait for it to come loose and wobble out the hole.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
It's something that many dealerships do at PDI. There's an updated version but that's been out for 2 years now. Most shops will tighten the nut w loctite and send it out the door. It's been the downfall of so many sleds it's almost a for sure thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
What is it with Cat and steering post issues?
The M-series would tear the tunnel apart and now the proclimb has similar issues. ???

GS6

Premium Features