• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Viper clutching question

S

STORMN97

Dec 2, 2007
joliet IL.
A buddy of mine bought a 2015 SR Viper xtx. It's riden in Michigan right now but he's going to Wyoming riding at 10,000 feet. What does he need to do to his clutching to compensate.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
A buddy of mine bought a 2015 SR Viper xtx. It's riden in Michigan right now but he's going to Wyoming riding at 10,000 feet. What does he need to do to his clutching to compensate.

If he still has the 8gl weights take out rivets to 58 grams, put in a Green/white/green spring and preferably 4mm primary spring shim (you can make one by cutting the last coil off an old primary spring and grinding high spot flat).

But, the Viper has such a wide power band and with the short track I would suggest he just ride it as is even though he will be about 600 to 800 rpm down. The extra power from having clutch right might only make the 141 1.6 track spin worse in powder snow. (unless he has the 2.25 lug LE)

Premium Features