• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Video, proclimb vs pro rmk

A

aksnopro

Heres what i been telling you guys all year, this is one of my good riding buddies, if you watch my tach in only getting 7400 rpm at the top of this pull which is way off peak rpm. I have ordered a team tied secondary and mds weights. We did this benchmark several times with similar results, as my belt heated up, he got closer and closer. I see why everyone is saying this sled needs geared down.

This pull was 3500k to 4500k feet in one pull, we went down to 2k and my sled really woke up down there, my racing is all going to be at 3500k so i have some clutching to do!

I will race the same guy same spot next week with all my clutching done and see if i gained or lost in real world use with the tied and mds weights...

Heres the vid

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C1TdLWXyBno

This is not meant to bash the pro rmk, it is a billy goat too, this is my good buddy and hes had a blast on his pro rmk.... He did say his clutching was only getting 7900, mine only getting 7400 and still winning. Several videos were showing 7050!! :(.. i need this clutching overeving at 1-2 k and dead on at 3-5 k

Right now im 75g, 42/40 oran sec, yellow white pri. This was on a broke in 084. Pulled a cord 20 miles later.

-Aksnopro

Last edited:
ran low elevation first time couple of weeks ago, 2K. Ran 75grams everthing stock except 20T top gear, ran 8200-8300 sled rocked. I bet you just go back to stock with 20T you would be close to 8000 - 8100 at 3500. IT would also be more consistent as you pull up the hill. Snow looked to be setup, if it was powder you would have been in trouble at 7400. I feel to much helix for long pulls up hill, will heat belt up, not enough belt pressure on secondary.

Hero snow is a hp battle, and golly we all know the cat makes 20 more. Put them in 2 feet of fresh and I bet you see a different result. I ride a 1100t and the 800 pc's I've seen are some what disappointing after the m chassis and compared to the pro in deep snow and tree riding.

It is all stock aside from the orange secondary spring, after this race i noticed this when letting my belt cool down!!

a6cd8cda-a34f-db1e.jpg

Probably why they went to hardened rollers for 13.

Ill upload some more vids of the races if you want theres another at lower elevation in deeper snow, ill post it tonight.

-Aksnopro

he is a small guy too and my avy pack is always loaded up to the max.

weight wise were about even. next weekend were gonna swap sleds for one of the runs too, i wanna watch the R's on his :)

in all honesty when my belt was hot i would get him out the gate and neither of us would pull one another. but when we let them cool down, or when i was at 2k it consistently walked him.

here it is at lower elevation in deeper snow.

-Aksnopro

Last edited:
I experienced same in deep powder. I weigh 210 and most of the Pro's I ride with are around 180. I wish I would have had a video camera, there were times we raced and the pro had to turn out, could not make the climb. Different conditions the tracks respond differently but the Pro Climb works folks, and it works better than the M too. The only time had trouble is on hard pack groomed trail, the pro's track hooks better so in a short race they are tough. The Pro track works much better than the Dragon track also on hard pack.

I really must have no luck, stock my PC 800 153 only pulled 30 mph track speed and was out climbed by everything. Of course when I took it in and complained I was told there were no issues.

Last edited:
30 mph track speed? Your dealer must be retarded. I pull much MUCH higher than that and my sled is all stock.

Thats what I said, he told me I weigh 235 so what did I expect. Boost cured the problem 65 mph plus now

All it means is that guys cat beat that guys pro. I've seen it go the other way too and all it means is that guys pro beat that guys cat. There is a pro out there that will beat a cat and there is a cat out there that will beat a pro. Spin it however you want but that is all it means to me.

Premium Features

Back