• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

VES valve new bellows

just put new bellows in my ves valves and bolted them all back up. when the sled is idleing i can feel little puff's of air coming out of the middle hole in the plastic cover? nothing seems to come out of the sides. is this right or are they not supposed to do that?

Doesn't sound right, either you got a defective or they aren't sealing right. They shouldn't move at idle. Is it just air or smoke? You should be able to put your finger over that hole and hold it tight after collapsing the valve. Then when you let go the valve should only come out part way and stop. If it creeps all the way out you have a leak.

Last edited:
valve

seems to run good but I have been having some trouble on the top end. it doesn't puff any smoke just small puffs of air. if I take of the valve and hold it tight it doesn't leak out, so it must be right. Thanks for the help

Thats perfectly normal, the little puffs of air are from the valve bouncing just a touch on idle, the air isnt coming out of the engine, its just the air movement from the bellows moving.

What Reaper said....if you put your hand over the hole and are getting oil, then it's time for a looksee...usually you'll notice oil on the bottom of your hood anyway.

Premium Features

Back