• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

up logging road maps are there any

68rev9

Jan 28, 2009
Just wondering if there are any logging road maps. Been to the up many of times burgland area in western up just want to come up next week and do some off trail riding. Just wondering how not to get lost and get to gas in a day and any other open off trail riding. thank you

B
To be honest I don't think you'll find a map, but then again I could be wrong. Most people that ride the log roads either know the area or people that know them. Now if you handed me a map I could highlite the roads and what ones wuld be safe. Also another awesome area to ride with alot.......and I mean alot of forest service roads and lakes is the Cisco and Thousand Island Lake chains.

Y
Jan 29, 2008
Newberry, MI
No need to go to the forest service when our DNR has online topographic quad maps for free on their website.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/1,1607,7-153-10371_14793-31264--,00.html

Click on the link and then choose the county you are interested in, and then choose the quad map you want, and presto, a detailed topo map pops up with all of the established trail roads on them. They don't however show private property, so keep that in mind. Hope that helps.

Premium Features