• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

United Enclosed trailers

M

mtncat800

Nov 26, 2007
Central Iowa
I am looking at a 27ft by 7.5 ft wide trailer. Does anyone have any input on United trailers. It is Aluminum over a steel unistrut frame and weighs 3600lbs empty. Any info would be great. I think I can bye it rite.

Thanks

Jan 7, 2008
Wasilla, AK
I Just

bought a used 7' x 19' and my research found to be good reviews. Certainly not the lightest but works for me. I is 2004 and is in excellent condition. 5 years fo wear and tear shown nothing wearing out or faulty. The steel frame paint is pretty rough, but that is it. All sealing points are good to go.

M

mtncat800

Nov 26, 2007
Central Iowa
Thanks for the input. I was concerned about the weight too, but then I was told that the way they are balanced you don't notice it.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
We bought a 2007 United 7' x 23' last fall and after 1 full season with it we love it. Dry weight empty was around 3,200 lbs. I pulled it all season with my 1/2 ton avalanche and it towed great.

CIMG0456.jpg

Fearless Catman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
The Sheyenne River Valley of ND
I have had 2 united trailers. They are pretty stout trailers. Very good fit and finish. I damaged a friends smaller united trailer last winter(moving furniture). Getting parts from the factory to fix the damaged portion on that trailer was a nightmare. I am not sure if it its the factory's fault or the poor relationship from local united dealer. Eitherway, that is their lowpoint. If I damage a friends trailer, I get it fixed NOW, not 3 months later. If a friend damages my trailer, I expect the same.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
I have a 2005 21 ft 7 wide, 3300 empty, the narrow v-front pulls very easy until you start going up grade then you notice the wight. I use it every day for construction and has held up very well. I did have an issue with a bolt coming out on a fender then took a tire out as well as ripping off the fender(coming down the mountain with the sun on the other side did not notice until everything was ripped up)

Premium Features