• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

UNBELIEVABLE FIRST RIDE ON THE 2011 PRO RIDE RMK

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
I am in the "let them work the bugs out for a year" state of mind on both the poo and doo. Should be a fun year next year watching both these bad boyz run. IF I only had a decent poo dealer within 100 miles.....

Ace

S
Nov 27, 2007
Boy-see
I got to ride this sled on Friday in McCall.

You guys that are going to 'wait it out' are going to miss an entire year of riding the best sled on the mountain.

I am dealer loyal (as opposed to brand loyal). If this was an AC/SkiDoo/Yamaha....I would be jumping ship and hurting Carl's Cycle's feelings....lucky for me - that is not the case.

Quick background: I have an '09 Dragon and am left scratching my head when I read about the problems everyone is having. I love my current sled's handling, motor, ride...best sled I have ever had...this is my 4th IQ chassis (900/660/700/800)

This 2011 sled is awesome and blows the IQ out of the water...

The suspension and chassis are unbelievable. I am 215 lbs [insert 'fat kid' ribbing here]...and hammered some RUDE bumpy trails and could not get it to bottom out. But more than that, it just tracks straight and doesn't get squirrely.

I'm not sure how they made it so much more stable, yet is still ridiculously easy to get on its side?? Seems like these 2 should contradict each other....but this sled does it.

Climbing in rutted out tracks is TWICE as easy as the previous sled.

The boondocking is going to be WAY better...steering radius is way tighter...steering effort is super light...off camber handling is 100% improved.

Our riding group is talking seriously about going to IROC rules from now on...and I have ZERO problem with that.

I havent seen anyone else comment on this, but it takes about 1/2 the effort to start the motor compared to the current motor?? The chicks are going to love that part...

Whether or not I snow check or wait until Jan 1, 2011 to buy one will depend on the program, but either way I WILL own one of these sleds.

I am sure these demo sleds will be at dealers for the rest of the year....and if you enjoy the sport I HIGHLY recommend riding one. If you want to save $11,000, then I would strongly suggest staying as far away as possible.

Believe the hype people....this sled is THAT good.

M

Motoman

Dec 31, 2007
franklin, id
I am in the "let them work the bugs out for a year" state of mind on both the poo and doo. Should be a fun year next year watching both these bad boyz run. IF I only had a decent poo dealer within 100 miles.....

Ace

I'm sure steve is into "long distance relationships"

M

Motoman

Dec 31, 2007
franklin, id
So honestly. Does anyone who has ridden thi sled have anything bad to say about it, or anything they didn't like about it?
Who else has ridden it?

M

Motoman

Dec 31, 2007
franklin, id
I'd say they are similair. I would have loved to line them up because that's the only way to know for sure, but if I had to guess I would say the new pro would probably get the xp by a length or 2 in 50 yards up hill in the snow.

S
Nov 27, 2007
Boy-see
So honestly. Does anyone who has ridden thi sled have anything bad to say about it, or anything they didn't like about it?
Who else has ridden it?

My only 'gripe' was that the running boards....though very good....are not as good as the BetterBoards on my current sled. They are good but not 'as good'.

Another guy in or group observed that there is potential for branches/limbs to wedge into the front part of the side panel and rip it off. No one has seen it happen yet...but I can kind of see what he is saying.

A couple guys in our group weren't super fond of the footwell hoops....but I found them to be perfect.

If you are in the tribe that likes to strap a tie-down to your bumper to get your buddy unstuck....there are potential issues (LOL)

Thats about all I heard as far as constructive criticism was concerned.

Did I mention that this is the best sled ever in the history of snowmobiles? And I've told you guys a thousand times....I never exaggerate....

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
Who else has ridden it?

Has anyone ridden this sled below 4000 ft ? Say from 1500 to 3000 ft, that is the elevation that most of the D8 I ride have had the stumble, most of the videos have been in areas of 5000 ft and up, still thinking about checking one, would like to hear from some one who as ridden the lower elevations, I have to ride from around 2000 ft for several miles before I am above 4000.

A

augerin

Nov 26, 2007
Granite Falls Wa.
My 08 D8 163 is the best chassis I have ever ridden, but until Poo fixes there engine's there is no way I am checking one again. Maybe they will give all us suckers a fresh 2011 engine that accually makes the HP that we payed 11k for and has some reliability. Until then if they can't make what I have work I will spend anouther $4500 for a Strouthers 860 kit. Great reveiw MOTOMAN I just hope it pan's out.

Last edited:
P
Feb 9, 2010
They must have taken it down already, it showed the new assaults one is 600cfi 136 1.25 track and one 800cfi 144 1.375 track and in a new Orange/Black color scheme, also the rushs (600 & 800) both come in regular rush and rush pro r as well as a Rush LXT luxury touring model, and a 550 shift 136, they said 5 pro ride chassis rmks. The old edge chassis sleds left changed to IQs now.

M

Motoman

Dec 31, 2007
franklin, id
So is the pro rmk that I rode the fancy (dragon) model and there will also be a more base model???
I wish that link was still there. See if you can find it somewhere else.

I
Nov 12, 2008
I rode the new pro rmk 800 in Revelstoke Canada on Monday. I do not currently own a dragon, i ride an 09 iqr longtracked and absolutely love it. I do however ride with dragons and rmks everyday and used to own an rmk. The new pro rmk is an absolutely amazing sled to ride. I have no complaints other than the running boards at the front seem to be a little narrow. The sled will outpreform any cat doo or polaris on the mountain hands down! Way stronger mid through the top end and handling isn't even comparible! They had an assault there that we didnt ride but had a good look at.....but i wont spoil any attempts at surprise with track length etc, you'll just have to wait.
IAN

Premium Features