• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ultimate XP?

Premium Member
I'm wanting to build up my Xp to be the Ultimate tree and shute runner. I love the way these sleds handle but am looking for that extra power. I'm looking at the 880 kit from Bikeman (did awesome at yamafest) but have been leaning towards the turbos due to the higher HP numbers. Any suggestions would be great.

O and does any body know what the thunderstruck boys have done to there xp's cause they are rippin in the new Thunderstruck 8 (trailer).

Dave Schell from TS is running stock I believe. Rob Hoff from Extreme Team is running a head and some very light parts, Dave Knight is running stock I believe, Me from 208 is running stock. The Key to these sleds is clutching.

But if you want the huge horsepower I'd go with a turbo. Dave Bell (BoostIt) or DWHALVERSON on here both have incredible kits.

Thanks man:beer;. I can tell you what I would do;). If you have any questions at all, ask away. You can PM me, e-mail or call it's all up to you. I feel that the customer has to be educated as much as possible and I'm here to answer any questions I can. I'm still learning myself;). That's what life is all about.

Dave Halverson
R&D Custom Turbo Werx

Dave Schell from TS is running stock I believe. Rob Hoff from Extreme Team is running a head and some very light parts, Dave Knight is running stock I believe, Me from 208 is running stock. The Key to these sleds is clutching.

But if you want the huge horsepower I'd go with a turbo. Dave Bell (BoostIt) or DWHALVERSON on here both have incredible kits.

The 880 kit that the was at Revy was a highly tuned hotrod that had a good amount of nitrous added as well. No doubt it made good power but there are many people that will tell you that the 880r motor is not without issue...

I am planning to build an ultimate xp for this year as well. Turbo's are the future just because they will build so much power. Dave has put together a great kit and I will back them up with the BEST customer service in the snowmobile industry so give either of us a call...we can get you hooked up with what you need to have the baddest XP on the hill!!

I am also selling Timbersled parts for smoking deals so give me a call if you want to shed some weight to go with the turbo!!

Jake Barker
Barker Motorsports
1 509 846 9721

Last edited:
Here's what I would do. I won't say how much weight I took off, I get flamed everytime I do.
I dream of a DH turbo maybe next year
p61100035b25d.jpg

1-5 all go togeather

1) QUICK CLICKERS
2) CLUTCH KIT
3) 2009 BELT ADJUSTER
4) SHOCKWAVE ADJUSTABLE HELEX
5) SHR 860
6) AIR BOX MOD
7) DOO DOCTOR MOVABLE SECONDARY
8) AVENGER III WATER, EGT GAGES
9) DRIVE SHAFT TOWER BRACE
10) SIDE KICKERS
11) FOX FRONT SHOCKS
12) TIMBERSLED REAR SUSPENSION
13) FABCRAFT REAR DROP BRACKETS
14) AVID ROLLED CHAINCASE
15) 3” PADDLE TRACK
16) BLACK SIDE PANELS
17) LEFTY THROTLE
18) BELLY PAN PROTECTOR

Last edited:
Hey Cog........what airbox mod are you running? I see you have no headlight. I would like to do the same and ditch the primary airbox as well. Then screen everything in. Are you running both of the stock airboxes?

That 880 from revy was a bikeman kit with a 30 shot of nos.Sure they might have had some clutching done big deal,the three sleds that had it all ripped wot all day long.Anybody that was there wont deny how well they worked.

I'm wanting to build up my Xp to be the Ultimate tree and shute runner. I love the way these sleds handle but am looking for that extra power. I'm looking at the 880 kit from Bikeman (did awesome at yamafest) but have been leaning towards the turbos due to the higher HP numbers. Any suggestions would be great.

O and does any body know what the thunderstruck boys have done to there xp's cause they are rippin in the new Thunderstruck 8 (trailer).

One of the guys i ride with is putting a 1300 twin in an all carbon fibre XP chassis.

sell it and buy a m1000t! :) haha

well to answer your question, i would do holtz front end, holtz rear, floats all the way around, 156 camo extreme 2.5 and a 880 kit.

Front air box is gone, I run flex tubing to headlight area the first air box is after market, I modified it to get more air. Works very well.

sidepanelfilter.jpg

Schells sled is FAR from stock!!!! motor wise & suspension;)

Cog, what was the final weight loss you ended up with?? I am building a sled really similar to that except with a turbo and a 174 and would like to see how close I can get to your weight! Looks killer for sure.

Pm when you get interested in a turbo.

Jake

Here's what I would do. I won't say how much weight I took off, I get flamed everytime I do.
I dream of a DH turbo maybe next year
p61100035b25d.jpg

1-5 all go togeather

1) QUICK CLICKERS
2) CLUTCH KIT
3) 2009 BELT ADJUSTER
5) SHR 860
6) AIR BOX MOD
7) DOO DOCTOR MOVABLE SECONDARY
8) AVENGER III WATER, EGT GAGES
9) DRIVE SHAFT TOWER BRACE
10) SIDE KICKERS
11) FOX FRONT SHOCKS
12) TIMBERSLED REAR SUSPENSION
13) FABCRAFT REAR DROP BRACKETS
14) AVID ROLLED CHAINCASE
15) 3” PADDLE TRACK
16) BLACK SIDE PANELS
17) LEFTY THROTLE
18) BELLY PAN PROTECTOR

Well for me it will be a shr 860 turbo from sled head racing and DWHalverson just add a little extra hp:eek:
1) QUICK CLICKERS
2) CLUTCH KIT
3) 2009 BELT ADJUSTER
5) SHR 860
6) AIR BOX MOD
7 fox floats II on the front
8 on oil res
9 alfa X rer
10 2.5 154 3.0 track

AND some big Balls:D

Premium Features