• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Twisted Turbo... Yes or NO

J

jlong0319

Jan 31, 2013
North Idaho
I am looking at possibly getting a twisted turbo for a 2009 M8. Just looking for thought on if this is a good idea or not. I dont want to run more then 20% race fuel, and dont want to shoot myself in the foot for getting the turbo i can only run 7 pounds of boost on with out running race gas. Thanks

D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
I just rode with Shain on friday. My buddy brian rode his 2010 m8 for the first time on friday. It has ripped the whole time. And the 2013 twisted pro climb kit is unreal. Go to ogden utah, ride with Shain.:camera:

J
Sep 12, 2008
Almont, Co.
What is your elevation? Also, have you ever ridden a turbo at 7lbs?
A twisted at 7lbs screams.

A twisted kit at 12lbs is as pull and go as stock, as long as you do the
routine maintenance, Which is is keep it clean.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
IMHO the Twisted Turbo is the best running kit on the M Series Cat,I wouldn't hesitate to buy another or build another Twisted Cat.

smoothdawg

Premium Member
Apr 7, 2008
Spokane, WA.
Buy it. Your only regret will be that you will wish you would have done it sooner. Shain is a good guy with outstanding turbo knowledge. That 800 will rip guaranteed!

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
My Twisted Turbo is Awesome- very happy

I'm running 10 psi on straight avgas. easy to tune and makes a lot of power. very pleased. old turbo was a boondocker and i hated it. It was a b!tch to tune and never ran consistently. Twisted all the way!!!!!!!!

S
Aug 7, 2008
DO IT, i have a 2010 M8 162 runs at 9 pounds all day and has for 3 years never have to tune it and if you need more boost its there and its unreal.

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
Far exceeded my expectations!!

But like anything your experience will be what you make of it. Keep on top of the basic sled maintenance and you will be happy.

4 years and running strong. After the first two years I put in a new set of pistons as a P.M. and the old ones looked great!! The ring end gap measured to stock spec's even....

I think mixing the gas and oil is great because as boost increases fuel, the oil/fuel ratio's are always perfect and not held hostage by the oil injection pump.

Recommended setting on the fuel controller have been spot on and so has the clutching.

12 pounds of boost all day every day, M 1000 reeds, 70 AV/30 Pump , Stop and re start sled after large elevation changes and you have a pull rope, set it and forget it sled..... Any glitches within those parameters and it will always be minor sled maintenance (poor belt deflection, clutching, etc. ) due to riding the heck out of your sled.

J.M.H.O.

Premium Features