• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Twisted M1000 Video 3.23.13

Running 10lbs, 100LL av gas mixed 32:1.

As far as crisp, I mess with it a bit to keep it running clean. It is pretty good, but on the trail I will add some fuel so the mid range is cool. But when I do that my boost fuel is then a bit fat. So it's is always a little tuning. As long as I know what to do to make it work perfect when needed I am good to go.

Thunder

Are your box numbers still much lower than other Twisted 1000's? Sounds good to me.

Are your box numbers still much lower than other Twisted 1000's? Sounds good to me.

Yep, still running about 1.5-2 Green and 6.5 boost fuel. All other setting off.

I bump the green upto 2.5-3 when riding down the trail just to keep it cool.

Thunder

What turbo does your sled have on it sounds awesome.

Garrett 3076

The high pitch is really tough on the ears. Ear plugs are a MUST.

The other exhaust notes aren't to bad, not much more than an aftermarket can. But wow, the turbo whine is pretty loud.

Thunder

If you tunnel dump it cuts noise down a lot.

Machine does sound like its running very well, mine was not that crisp on bottom when I had an attitude box on it.

I sold it to a guy and he sent it in to derek because it was not working on his machine either. Derek said the map that was on it was some really old one that they did not even have record of anymore!

Thanks shain for selling me a out dated attitude box! WTF

Last edited:
If you tunnel dump it cuts noise down a lot.

Machine does sound like its running very well, mine was not that crisp on bottom when I had an attitude box on it.

I sold it to a guy and he sent it in to derek because it was not working on his machine either. Derek said the map that was on it was some really old one that they did not even have record of anymore!

Thanks shain for selling me a out dated attitude box! WTF

It is running pretty good.

As for your box. What little I know it sounds like Shane and others can tweak the base program before they sell them. I talked to the guys at Attitude/Dobek and they kind of told me the same thing "we can't really help ya because we don't know exactly what program you have in your box". So they don't really know exactly what program is in their when you call them. So if you ask all the right questions you will soon figure out that the programs are pretty easily changed.

What Attitude always wants to do is they want us to send all of our boxes back to them so they can burn in their personal program, that way the know exactly the transition points and how much of a change is happening at each point. It sounds logical that if you want to call Dobek or Attitude you will want one of their program not someone else's. It helps with the tuning and trouble shooting over the phone.

But then I also know Shane has done a lot of testing and his program is pretty darn good (on my sled anyways). I still make a few changes here and their but that's what you get when you get away from stock and add aftermarket junk.

Last thing. One of Shane's biggest changes over the other guys is the switch from green/blue boost fuel to red/blue boost fuel. Most of the other guys, cutler as an example run the boost fuel on the green/blue. Shane doesn't. He has his reasons and for the most part I agree with his programing. (he wants to have the green circuit fuel on when you chop the throttle after a hard pull to keep from squeaking the pistons) This works well for Shane and his sleds.

Thunder

Premium Features

Back