• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

twisted install help

J

jear bear

ive got a 09 m8 im putting a twisted race gas kit im wondering what I should do with the oil lines that run in the throttle body boots the instructions say to unhook one oil line but why am I not unhooking both thanks

ive got a 09 m8 im putting a twisted race gas kit im wondering what I should do with the oil lines that run in the throttle body boots the instructions say to unhook one oil line but why am I not unhooking both thanks

If it's a race gas kit, you will be eliminating the stock reed boots and replacing them with the billet twisted reed boot with the secondary injectors in it. Both oil lines from the factory reed boots are teed together and used to lubricate the turbo via the factory oil pump.

There are 2 small nipples on the twisted billet reed boot. Those are also teed together and one line ran up to the blow off valve.

Here is a link to install instructions on twisted Facebook.
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...3845.43573.100209586697834&source=49&refid=17

does anyone have any suggestions on what primary spring I should run, that's the only thing I didn't get from the guy I got this kit from, its a twisted race gas kit ive got a 153 for now I have d&d 79g weights I ride 4-7k I was thinking of a 140/330 let me know what you guys think thanks

Most turbo kits respond better to a stiffer engagement spring. Somewhere around 150 to 160 lbs there. Finish rate needs to be 310-350. You should be good with your weights.

Most turbo kits respond better to a stiffer engagement spring. Somewhere around 150 to 160 lbs there. Finish rate needs to be 310-350. You should be good with your weights.

Mine is a 165-310. Surprisingly it isn't that harsh even in the trees. engages nice and smooth. Not a trencher when taking off. (M1000)

Thunder

My kit came with a water air intercooler does anyone know where I should tap into my stock water system ?

Premium Features

Back