• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Twin pipes on a 700 question...?

R

ryansmowing

Nov 22, 2011
Bothell WA
I've got a 2000 summit 700 that's my favorite... looking to up the power and turn this sled up a notch or 3...

I'm not too much into doing all the work myself - but I've got a good mechanic...

Here's what I'm planning on doing.

V force reeds
Jetting
Clutching
Top end rebuild
Gearing

NOW my question - I also want to upgrade the pipes and can (stock at the moment)

I found a good deal on twin pipes ($150 ish) that are off of an 01 summit 800 - Is it a good idea? Meaning will a good mechanic be able to get them dialed in being that pipes originally came from a 800?

My stock pipe is tired - but don't want to spend tooo much on an old sled and buy a new pipe... would ya'll recommend double piping or staying with stock and adding a can?

Thanks

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
As far as I know you can not use an 800 on a 700 not the same set up. As far as twins or single you will get mixed answers on that one. But my .02 is stay with a good single pipe and aftermarket can it will wake it up a bit. Maybe look at getting a good clutch kit for it that will help a lot more then some think. If it's time for a top end maybe check with SHR and see what john has for the 700 doos that would really wake it up!! Just depends on how much you got to spend?:face-icon-small-hap

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
I would stay with the single. Doo was doing a great job on there pipe even back then. I have ran both. Did the big bores. Always ended up back to stock. A 2000 700 was cranking out 120 plus reliable ponies. Unless you want to dump alot into it your not going to gain much. Run it stock do some clutching and ride it. By the time you buy pipes, reeds and whatever else you will have well over a grand in it. Sell it and trade up to a rev 800. Just picked up a spare sled. Nice 05 for 1,500.... Deals are out there. have seen a few 04 05's in that 2 grand mark. 2000 700 summit is still one of the best sleds made. Imo... Fuel oil pin it all season.... Ah! The good ole days!

Last edited:
Premium Features