• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turny Update

R

rev440alaska

Sep 19, 2008
Cheyenne wy
just drove through a few hours ago. lots of snow compared to last week. the snow marker was at about 3 and 1/2. it was a white out when i drove through. you could only see about as far as the snow marker. il be driving back through maybe tomorow or saturday so il give you another update then. il get a picture next time

R

rev440alaska

Sep 19, 2008
Cheyenne wy
went through turnagain today. about 4 feet at the marker. a lot of the alders are weighed over from the snow. there was lots of skiiers and snowboarders. snow banks in the parking lot are as tall as a car. it looked decent for mid november. didnt see any of the poacher tracks everyone was talking about?

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Just Updated from the forest service Nov 14th 08

There reporting 20 inches. Nothing open yet. Especially read the part about poaching and the section on the Avalanche danger for those of you skiing there now.

http://www.cnfaic.org/advisories/current.php?id=

Thanks for the update! I like there web site better this year, it is nice that they post when/where places are open....keeping us all out of trouble

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Thanks for the update! I like there web site better this year, it is nice that they post when/where places are open....keeping us all out of trouble

You can access any of the South centeral locations throug the NOAA website now (under hydrology RFC)
heres the link look at the bottom drop down on this page under snow and avalanche Information (in red),
Hatchers pass and a few others are listed for everyones info.:D

http://aprfc.arh.noaa.gov/sd_pafc_sites.php

Dec 6, 2007
Palmer
Open

IT's OPEN!!!!

GLACIER DISTRICT
Girdwood Closed 20"
Johnson Pass Open 22 inches, Johnson North TH only, South TH remains closed
Placer River Closed 20"
Skookum Drainage Closed ?
Turnagain Pass Open Total snowpack depth of 34-38 inches. :D
Twentymile Closed 20"
SEWARD DISTRICT
Carter Lake Closed
Lost Lake Trail Closed
Primrose Trail Closed
Resurrection Pass Trail Closed
Snug Harbor Closed
South Fork Snow River Corridor Closed
Summit Lake Closed

W
Nov 26, 2008
t-pass is good to go

15 trucks today at t-pass motorized, 2 at johnson trail head. lots of trail breaking still to be had at johnson. third early opener that I can remember in the last 8 years. it's all about the snow depth! any one go over the top today? flat light!

B
Nov 26, 2007
Went about 3/4 of the way to the top. Its Preety ***gin Deep:D

Will be there On Thanksgiving Look for a Orange m7 162 and a m1000174.

If anyone wants to come over the top with us feel welcome. bring ur beacons.

Premium Features