• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turnagain 3-25-09

Went out with a few other members, M1ke, and Dash, not sure if Justin has an account too? Snapped a couple quick pictures, and I know Dash grabbed some good ones of all of us!

Had a blast, and thanks again Mike for gettin me outta the house, I needed that haha.

PICS:

DSCN0128.jpg

Where's the Nytro???

DSCN0127.jpg

Buried, almost with a tree.

DSCN0126.jpg

Justin making some turns

DSCN0125.jpg

deep snow...

Justin

I was there tuesday kickin it with my painful broken *** finger, watching short track revs get struck all day tryin to make it over....best spectating of the year.lol

This was the craziest ride this year (so far, hahaha). First there is the sign as I leave Anchorage :Warning, blizzard conditions ahead... blablabla...
It was windy alright, my cover got ripped in 2 spots on the way to the Pass. Then first person gets stuck in the parking lot ( I am sure you just did not see the snowdrift, right? ;)). Windy, snowing, sticky snow, flat light but I was grinning all day, including on the way back home:D
It was very nice to meet you all! Another bunch of laid-back snowesters!
Awesome snow conditions but the light sucked, did not know where up and down is most of the times.... Thanks for digging me out, and I am glad I was not the only one stuck out there.
Funny part was when I though some of you were stuck and rode there only to find out it's another group. Then I get stuck, they get unstuck, come over, one gets stuck and as we are digging me out, another guy shows up and says: Let's go, she'll be alright....(3 feet under). It was friend of mine I have not seen 4 years, and we meet in almost total whiteout.... Thanks Michaels' buddies for helping me out (2x in a row.....:( )

I am going again on Sat, but Fri would be even better :D

DSC00558_1_1.jpg

Ooops, invisible hill.
DSC00562_3_1.jpg

More of that Nytro
DSC00565_2_1.jpg

Good people!

Oh, and I forgot to write that I got stuck in the parking lot with my truck and trailer as we were leaving.... Thanks Justin for your big help and a tow :beer;

nice

It reminds me of the time last year when we had to wait for the plow truck to even pull in the parking lot. I need some consistent riders that I can ride with if you guys go alot. I'm free most of the time, ands the guys I usually go with have gone awol. Tim

It reminds me of the time last year when we had to wait for the plow truck to even pull in the parking lot. I need some consistent riders that I can ride with if you guys go alot. I'm free most of the time, ands the guys I usually go with have gone awol. Tim

I try to ride every day except monday tuesday and thursday 585-315-7375

saturday

Anyone going to turny to play in low lands? I won't go over or anywhere near big slopes, but I want to go. Tim. 980-2886

Snow is incredibly deep right now. Short Track Hell!!! Started to break trail and made it up to the second ridge. Snow load is really heavy, lots of small slides nothing to speak of.... Maybe the long track squadron will roll in and laydown some trail for all of us shortys... Backside is still untouched as of 5:30 today.:cool:

Snow is incredibly deep right now. Short Track Hell!!! Started to break trail and made it up to the second ridge. Snow load is really heavy, lots of small slides nothing to speak of.... Maybe the long track squadron will roll in and laydown some trail for all of us shortys... Backside is still untouched as of 5:30 today.:cool:

Backside needs to STAY untouched until this snow has had a chance to settle. I do not want to have to go dig anyone out. We have lost enough peps this year. Don't add to the body count. Find a jump and air it out. Play in the trees. There is more to riding than hills. Keep it safe out there guys.:beer;:beer;

agreed

I'm going with some new people to just rip around the low lands and learn how to control the hcr in the air. I know that people are going to go over and ride the face, but damn people, is it worth it. The new snow has not bonded with existing snow, and is just chillin on top. Lets be smart and not make national news. Tim. Come watch me jump and nose dive, its pretty damn funny. brake, gas, oh crap, to much brake.

LOL, just gotta love that "learning curve". What better time though than with a nice soft landing? Make sure it is in front of a large crowd too with lots for camera's:D:beer;

Premium Features

Back