• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Rips but now I need a track!!

T

Tony skagen

So Ive got an M8 153 BD turbo,But it needs a track! It currently has a pc thats rolled over pretty good. The sled rips,but I know a better track is needed. whats the hot ticket without breaking the bank? 2.6 pc or 3inch or I can get a new take off pro track cheap and just change the drivers I was told????????

you can buy the 2.6" but they you will say, I should of bought the 3"

So do the smart thing and get ER Done.3"
I 3"'ed last year and it is one Wicked Mutha

Thanks for all the input,Im leaning towards 2.6 pc,but what is thoughts on the

Camoplast Challenger Extreme Mountain Track 153x15x2.500 vs the 2.6 powerclaw??

Last edited:
Camo has way better braking. And most the 2.6's I've seen have a bit of fold over on the tips. So I don't think your giving up anything to the 2.6 in deep powder either. What is 1/10 of an inch less on lug height before a little fold over anyway?!??

Thanks Good info,Im planning to buy one or the other tonight! But here is one other thing I have a friend that owes me a favor and has a brand new maverick 2.25 he'd let me have SUPER cheap and of course the money factor is a factor. Is the maverick just plain junk???

You will chunk it big time. Be a good track to have around if you have a disaster. But I would put one on if I had a choice

Thanks I'll give her a call tomorrow, now I'm wondering if I was to step up to a 3inch I know I would have to change drivers too but is that all, would I have to do a gear change too??

Some guys do 7 tooth drivers. But to get 7 tooth drivers to clear the diamond drive you have to buy BDX diamond light drive. Which that mod isn't cheap!
Personally, since your turboed, first choice would be 2.5 camo extreme. 2nd choice would be the 2.6 power claw.

Thanks I'll give her a call tomorrow, now I'm wondering if I was to step up to a 3inch I know I would have to change drivers too but is that all, would I have to do a gear change too??

The 3 inch will just bolt in there with out changing your drivers.You will just have to trim the nubs on the inside of the track on the diamond drive side.
Stock gearing should also be fine as you are running boost.
I have 3 m series running the 3 inch

The 9270 Challenger X3 has a massive 3.0″ lug height
Single ply construction, 3″ drive pitch and advanced molding technology make it the lightest in its category
Lug geometry and support columns allow lug cup and flex action for unmatched flotation
Technical information concerning this track:
15 inches wide by 156 inches in length
The lug or tread height is 3.00 inches
Weight is approximately 56 pounds
Drive Pitch is 3.00

Will this track bolt right in???
Thanks for your help.

Premium Features

Back