• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Oil

summitbound

Lifetime Membership
Boondocker Oil

What Brand and Grade of Turbo Oil should I use instead of

t2c_oil-300x259.jpg

in the Vented Oil Tank

2008 M8 BD PG

Last edited:
You see a lot of guys with 5w-30 synthetics or similar weight, and many others using injection oil.

I run 5w-30 synthetic (royal purple xpr) , but like so many topics, there is no "right" answer it seems.

Boyko

I'm not sure what Boondocker sells their kit for ,I'm sure it's Over Priced

I Doubt they manufacture their own Oil either

Thx Guys

I run 2 stroke oil(Redline syn). Its much easier only having to only worry about 1 kind of oil.
I would change it out every few hundred miles anyways(regardless of what oil I used) so whats the difference?

Used to use Mobil 0-20 but switched to my 2 stroke (Klotz) this year.

I use the injector pump for the turbo and still feed just the bottom of the motor so I use about 3 oz per weekend. Constantly replenishing so I think it's staying pretty fresh.

Used to use Mobil 0-20 but switched to my 2 stroke (Klotz) this year.

I use the injector pump for the turbo and still feed just the bottom of the motor so I use about 3 oz per weekend. Constantly replenishing so I think it's staying pretty fresh.

If I where doing that I would put a filter in the line, I've seen some metal flake in turbo oil systems and would want that in my motor.

mine

cat injector oil.the common thread is to change it frequently . depending on miles I change it about 3 times a winter.

I would run a good 5/10w 30/40 full syntheic oil, premix, I wouldn't use that. engine oil holds up to the dramatic temperature changes better then premix and will last longer and protect better.

I would run a good 5/10w 30/40 full syntheic oil, premix, I wouldn't use that. engine oil holds up to the dramatic temperature changes better then premix and will last longer and protect better.

People use premix because if you get turbo oil getting past the seals & into the motor, then you're going to burn it properly. It's not that it's the best oil, but in an older turbo you're going to get SOME blowby.

I run mobil1 0-30

Premium Features

Back