• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

turbo ideas

B

burnz

Jan 7, 2013
Nanton, Alberta
anyone ever try running a home brew turbo kit on a 800r? what type of used turbo could a guy look for to use for a home brew kit as well? mulling over the thought in my head of what a sled with a turbo that only added even like 10-20 hp could do in the mountains considering that the hp with a turbo is the same at elevation as it is at sea level so 10-20 would be more like 40-50? just a thought that ive had in my head for a while thought id seek some opinion and possible experience

B

burnz

Jan 7, 2013
Nanton, Alberta
yeah turbos suck with carbs i was just wondering if any one has done and had it work well i just think the advantage of having the boosted power at any elevation would be very advantages over big bore

T
Aug 8, 2011
Yep, get it right and they haul the mail. And it takes a very very good injected kit to be better than a well done carb one anywhere.

I have done a handful. The one I have currently is very much a one off custom package on an 800r skidoo. Its fast.

You need to be on the hunt for a garrett 2871, 2876, or 3071. Or turbo that flows comparably. Search for threads, lots of info on this site.

Premium Features