• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo build help

Trying to build a turbo kit for my 900 king kat. trying to buy everything is kinda tuff an making sure its the good stuff. Anyone make me a list of what I all need would def. help big time. Just looking to run around 6 lbs on pump gas. Any info would help. Thanks guys. also it is efi.

Lots to know before you start. Are you going to fabricate your boxes or do you need to buy components? You may need to call around to the turbo kit folks to see if anyone has a fuel box set up for a kingkat

I built my kit for my first turbo setup and really enjoyed the experience. I learned a lot, but at a cost.

I think, I would be inclined to buy a used setup for another type of similar sled to get most of the basic components. Then you can start modifying/fabricating the sled specific stuff(air box, oil box).

You might also check with CPI and maybe OVS. They both used to turbo the 900 motor and may have some dusty components up on the shelf.

Please remember, first check on a fuel box. If its not available, that can almost shut down your project.

My buddy made his own turbo setup on his carb 900 and after a few pistons and clutching he got it to run real good at 6 lbs boost on straight race fuel, in this day and age i would step up to the m series and find a kit made for them, would be alot easier and a better finished product, or a turbo m ready to go lots of them around

Premium Features

Back