• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo belt

I

insomniac62

Currently running factory cat belt...

400 stock miles / 600 boosted miles

Friend and I were changing turbo oil, cleaning clutches etc. and I changed it only because metal was just starting to show.

Was told most belts last about 300 miles on boost.

Did I just get lucky??

Any suggestions for best "turbo" belt?

I like the 046 (and get similar belt life depending on the belt... how I ride, etc. I get 350-500 or so) I like the 060/ XS type belts for my other sleds, but the turbo seems to hate them, doesn't spool as fast no matter what I do to the clutching.

Went back to the 046 & spool is near instant... hate that belt otherwise, but love it at 10-14 psi on my 11.

Last edited:
Run the 046 as well.. with MDS clutching I didn't smoke a belt once last winter. I still care 2 extra's with, but never used one after I got the clutching dialed in. The MDS really made a huge difference for me. Belt temp is 1/3 of what it was before. Belt temp was a limiting factor and lots several belts this way. Now I just have to worry about heat soaking as my main source of issues. 060 didn't hold up as well and was just too soft. My experiences anyway.

2500 miles 12 pounds on two 046 the first one went cause my secondary cracked the second had a tiny hair at the end of the season. I have a three pull max between cool downs and check alignenment often.

Premium Features

Back