• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tunnel and Bumper Mod

castlesledder

Lifetime Membership
First of all, I want to thank 76FOMOC for the useful and inspirational thread on how to cut up you tunnel, it inspired me enough to get the saw out and go for it. So here is what I came up with, 3/16 aluminum rear bumper assembly, powder coated to match my other parts. This is an '03 with a 159, and sledjunkies drop brackets. (That funny bar in my rear rack I added last year to keep gas cans in place better, works good.)
ac1.jpg

ac10.jpg

ac4.jpg

ac3.jpg

I decided to use the scraps from the tunnel roll to build the gussets, which I welded up, it came out good, but would have been alot easier to use the factory cat parts. I trimmed a bit off the cooler mounting bracket, but left it in place. The rear bumper is real strong with the 1" aluminum pipe and the large piece of 3/16 flat welded in place. I did end up welding a couple of tabs down for the cooler to bolt to - If I make more of these, those will be one piece with the bumper sides. I added a 1/8 by 1 1/2 flat bar along the inside of the tunnel behind the bumper arms.
So now I am just working on a forward mount post - got crazy with the pipe bender last night. :)

Nice job! Good looking sled, like ur rear bumper ! My son and I r in the process of cutting r tunnels also. Shane (76FoMoCo) is great help and answers all Q's about his mods!

Sprocket

looks like 76FoMoCo has started a mc trend here . had a few last night and got out the cut off wheel and started cutting . when i ordered the gussets from empire cycle in spokane they said they have ordered five sets in the last three weeks . will post pics when mine is done.

Last edited:
not my trend but just the messenger.... thanks for all the props but this is an old chassis (but not that old) just find guys with them like to mess a bit.

Premium Features

Back