• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TSS on my ARO

G
Nov 12, 2022
Republic WA
Trying to adjust the length of my TSS shock but it is so tight trying to screw it in I am afraid that I am going to either strip or break something. I tried a little heat but am cautious about heating up a pressure vessel. Can I take this apart at the joint that screws into the bottom of the shock without having a come apart of some sort so I can heat it properly? I have too much front ski pressure so I am trying to shorten up the bike and relieve some pressure at the same time. I am also going to try shortening up the front forks in the triple clamps. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks, Glenn

• 3 Stars
Reactions: 900 Cat
D
Nov 13, 2022
Lacombe AB
Have you checked your air pressure? I'm coming from a MH ST with fixed strut to a used Aro 137LE so I'm also trying to figure out correct settings. Went for a short ride around the shop yesterday and also felt like there was too much pressure on the ski. I'm currently resetting all my suspension back to factory settings - not that they were out much, but sometimes a couple of turns on a spring preload can make a lot of difference... Also, I'm thinking that lowering your forks in the triple clamps would be better than raising them.

D
Nov 13, 2022
Lacombe AB
Have you checked your air pressure? I'm coming from a MH ST with fixed strut to a used Aro 137LE so I'm also trying to figure out correct settings. Went for a short ride around the shop yesterday and also felt like there was too much pressure on the ski. I'm currently resetting all my suspension back to factory settings - not that they were out much, but sometimes a couple of turns on a spring preload can make a lot of difference... Also, I'm thinking that lowering your forks in the triple clamps would be better than raising them.
As pointed out by Eric in "Heavy Ski Pressure on 2021 Aro" thread, my thinking on fork height is backwards for snow...

S
Dec 14, 2009
Idaho
I was able to get mine apart without heat when I installed a shorter bottom. The length spec'd by timbersled for my Husky was way too long and put a lot of pressure on the rear. The older AROs benefited from re-drilling the rear scissor mount 3/4 or so further up, which is where the newer ones are located. My experience is also that shortening the forks will put more pressure on the front.

Premium Features