• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

trouble testing stator

All right, so first off I would go down to my local poolaris dealer and rifle through his shop book except that they burned down last year and are too busy spending the insurance money on cooking their brains to rebuild:mad:...but I digress....
no spark on my sled...i've managed to get a slight reading out of the pulse coil connector (pk1) going into the cdi but dont get anything from the (gen) 3-prong connector....can someone with a manual please tell me how the stator is tested..yes I have a voltmeter...thanxs

THere are general directions in my signature. If you only have 3 wires, then 1 of them is the ground, 1 is the start of the winding and 1 is the end of the winding. You don't have separate coils like I show in my video, you have several posts wound in a row using 1 large gague diameter wire.

I'm sorry that my internet connection will not let me watch the whole video, it looks good...I did however take some resistance readings fro my stator, which are: ignition coils : green-white : 6.0 ohm
power coils : yellow-brown wires : very low ohm
pulse coil : 168 ohm...
do these numbers mean anything to anybody?
what else should I check?
thanxs

I got lots of guys that want to sell me one (thanxs) but I still dont know if mine is pooched yet....not to sound frustrated, but does anybody know the resistance values or do most of you guys just replace stuff that stops working?

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back