• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trip out west from Minnesota - need 1 maybe 2 guys

D
Jun 1, 2004
Big Lake, Minnesota
Another guy and I have a trip planned for February 25 - March 2. Leaving February 25th in the morning and heading back home March 3. I have reservations in Grand Mesa Colorado & the Snowies in Wyoming - we will go to whichever place has better snow (as of now Colorado is getting good snow). Both locations where the reservations are the cabins come with full kitchens, bathroom, and 4 beds. I have not been to Grand Mesa & it has been a very long time since I have been to the Snowies. We both have mountain snowmobiles, beacons (transceiver), shovels, taken Mike Duffy's avalanche classes - I have a BCA back pack & a probe. We both like all kinds of terrain - hill climbing, meadows, trees (not my favorite lol). We had a person in the beginning that had an enclosed trailer & diesel that was going but now they cannot go. We are looking for 2 more local guys from that want to go and have access to a 4 place trailer. The other guy and I are not going out there to close the bars down every night, we are going to ride. I am not against that just saying that so you know what we are going out there to do. We are both about 30 miles south of St. Cloud Minnesota. Let me know if you have any questions.

wildskies.com

Lifetime Membership
Above-average snowpack in Northwest Colorado, in spite of El Nino concerns

Steamboat Springs Pilot (local newspaper in NW Colorado reported the following) — The strong El Niño weather pattern, which has been feared for its contrary nature and potential to hold down winter snowfall in Northern Colorado, has turned out to be a help rather than a hindrance through the first week in January.

In its first Colorado Water Supply Outlook Report of the water year that began Oct. 1, 2015, the Denver office of the Natural Resources Conservation Service said statewide snowpack is 118 percent of normal. Colorado Snow Survey Supervisor Brian Domonkos characterized it as the best start to winter this decade and ranked it as the ninth best start since 1982.

“With a sizable chunk of the winter already behind us, this is a good starting point, however more than half of the winter remains,” he said in a written statement, adding that, in a typical year, Colorado has received about two fifths of the seasonal snowpack by the first week in January.

I think you may find the Grand Mesa better than Snowies this year. However, if you have a group of guys looking at another trip down the road or next year, please give us a call. We have a ride in/out from the front door mountain cabin at 8400 feet elevation in a very secluded area of Colorado not far from Steamboat Springs that gets phenomenal snowfall.

Have fun in Colorado and post of photos of your trip to the Grand Mesa and let us know how it went and how the snow was.

Cheers,
Lisa
Wild Skies Cabin Rentals
www.wildskies.com

S
Jan 21, 2014
Minnesota
What kind of sleds you guys ride your skill level or the level of rider your looking to go out there with? What age or physical shape are you in? I'm 40 and not in great high elevation condition. I have only been to the black hills a couple times but would like to go to some real snow and mountains. How Much is the room for the week if 4 people are going? I/we live in the Zimmerman/Princeton area.

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
Deli where are you from exactly? I live between Litchfield and Eden valley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features