• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trade '13 pro for '13 M1100T

C
Feb 3, 2014
I have an option to trade a 13 pro for a 13 m1100t. What would you guys do?

I am not the most experienced rider and am pretty heavy myself (300 geared up)

What are the issues with the 1100t compared to the pro? Is the 4 stroke more reliable? Is it that much harder to ride than a pro?

The 1100 is chipped and piped and a 163 (pro is 155).

dgreet77

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
Its harder to ride than a 2S in some ways, and in some ways not.

The torque and power of the 1100T even stock is amazing. It can pull you out of places a stock 2S can't, and you can compensate for the weight of the 4S with the power to an extent. Having said that, its definitely heavier, and when you get stuck, its not fun. Also I'm plum wore out at the end of the day, more so than on a 2S.

I just jumped to an 1100T for this last (current) season, and basically I found that I ride it better than I ever did my M7, the power gave me more confidence and I just seemed to fit the 4S better. But, in packed snow conditions it does have a tendency to abuse me quite a bit, especially in sidehill situations where you have to ride with both skis down. Any sort of soft snow though….its a blast.

I'd say do it, but I'm biased.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
It is also the sno pro and not the pro climb if that makes a difference.

FYI, proclimb is the designation for the chassis... all current M(7000, 8000, 6000, 9000) sleds are proclimbs.

Anyone with any legit sense of reality will tell you it will be a MUCH harder sled to ride than the pro... BUT... the 1100 has MUCH more power, and can very easily be made to have much more yet.

At 300, IMO you're a solid fit for the 1100T. It's not MY cup of tea, but it is a pretty sweet sled for the right rider.

I'd take a look at what both are selling for around you though... around here all else being equal (condition/ miles) the 1100 isn't worth what the pro is, they just don't sell for as much here. The disparity is pretty minor though man, if you feel that the pro is at all underpowered for you... I'd say you won't feel that way on the 1100, and if you DO, that's an easy fix ;)

C
Feb 3, 2014
I dont do much of anything to be honest with you guys. At this time just field and ditch banging for the most part. Some trails.

The resale on the pros aren't very good either. The reliability isn't really there either.

I wanted to get the new viper but I can't really justify the 18000 for the sled plus turbo kit that will make it useable in the deep stuff.

I was just getting used to the pro by time the snow left me and I don't want to have to deal with the motor issues that have bee plaguing the polaris sleds. On the other hand i don't really want to have anther sled that is going to give me major issues either.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I dont do much of anything to be honest with you guys. At this time just field and ditch banging for the most part. Some trails.

The resale on the pros aren't very good either. The reliability isn't really there either.

I wanted to get the new viper but I can't really justify the 18000 for the sled plus turbo kit that will make it useable in the deep stuff.

I was just getting used to the pro by time the snow left me and I don't want to have to deal with the motor issues that have bee plaguing the polaris sleds. On the other hand i don't really want to have anther sled that is going to give me major issues either.

Doubt the 13 1100 will give you much trouble... it's a friggin honda compared to a Daewoo... Reliable, big power, and a sled you'll probably be able to hold on to for a decent while.

T
Dec 25, 2007
Not trying to mean, but if you just ride in fields and on trails, I would not be too worried about how they handle in the powder...might even look into trading for a crossover sled so you can enjoy the corners on the trails more. Just a thought.

Premium Features