• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trackspeed...Turbo, BB, Stock

Lets compare which mod will generate the most trackspeed 163vs163, 154vs 154, 144vs144 and so on. What are peps see up the hill in deep snow, up the hill on hard pack, on the flats in powder and on the flats in hardpack......

Post you experiance with the least amount of BS as possible ....Lets Not Screw This Up

OT

RKT860 163" in 2' of untracked snow, 1000' climb, about 9000' elevation --> high 40's to low 50's track speed (made 3 separate pulls on 3 separate hills)

MT1000 162" in 2' of untracked snow, 1000' climb, about 9000' elevation --> high 50's track speed at 4-5#'s boost (made 3 separate pulls on 3 separate hills)

The 154 BB around here on a a moderate to steep slope in deep virgin fluff for the 1st 2/3rds of the slope run fast high 40's and the last 1/3 there track speed will drop to low er 40's.....The 163 are slower yet by 2 to 3 mph. with all thing being equal.

High 50's from the TM1000 isn't bad either on low boost. Have you lined the TM1000 up against an Apex to compare ? The Apex runs High 50's some guys say 60's but i haven't seen it around here.

The 154's are faster then the 163's around here especially with a light weight rider.

OT

Last edited:
The 154 BB around here on a a moderate to steep slope in deep virgin fluff for the 1st 2/3rds of the slope run fast high 40's and the last 1/3 there track speed will drop to low er 40's.....The 163 are slower yet by 2 to 3 mph. with all thing being equal.

High 50's from the TM1000 isn't bad either on low boost. Have you lined the TM1000 up against an Apex to compare ? The Apex runs High 50's some guys say 60's but i haven't seen it around here.

The 154's are faster then the 163's around here especially with a light weight rider.

OT

Never ran against an APEX that wasn't running a race fuel kit, so hard to compare. Mine was down on boost that day, optimum for pump gas is 5-6 #'s. I was trying a new fuel pressure regulator and some different clutching. I think I would have been in the 60's if I had my original setup in and 6 #'s of boost.

The hills we were on, we were able to go over the top of all of them. Probably would have seen a 3-5 mph drop at turn out had it been a hill that we couldn't make. And I won't take a thing away from Kelsey, his sled ran awesome!! I was very impressed.

Last edited:
The only time I have really montiored track speed closely was on my M1000 the day I was clutching it. M1000, RKT head, SLP single pipe setup and 162 track. Deep powder climb I was getting consistant 46-47mph. After changing out the secondary to the RKT kit was getting consistant 53ish. Same hill, same day, same snow. Took a new line on every run, no track poaching.

I would put money against gaining 10 mph track speed if you lost 100#.

Premium Features

Back