• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tracks sizes...

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Do you think Ski-doo will offer a 2.75" lug height to compete with Polaris offerings?

I have ZERO interest in running a Series XXX track on a Doo, but if Camso or Doo offered one, I'd highly consider trying one.

It might be a happy compromise between the 2.5" and 3.0" currently offered.

Thoughts?

Camso.jpeg

Do you think Ski-doo will offer a 2.75" lug height to compete with Polaris offerings?

I have ZERO interest in running a Series XXX track on a Doo, but if Camso or Doo offered one, I'd highly consider trying one.

It might be a happy compromise between the 2.5" and 3.0" currently offered.

Thoughts?

View attachment 424494
Most all of my Polaris friends with the 2.7 took it off and threw it in the trash. It split paddles, lost paddles, trenching etc.

Installed lynx tracks or cut down skidoo tracks to fit their Polaris.

Though I’m sure different areas have different results.

Most all of my Polaris friends with the 2.7 took it off and threw it in the trash. It split paddles, lost paddles, trenching etc.

Installed lynx tracks or cut down skidoo tracks to fit their Polaris.

Though I’m sure different areas have different results.
Ya, that seems like a pretty come mod to put the Lynx track on the Polaris.
The Doo track lacks a bit of longevity, IMO
It seems the snow around here, lately, the 3" is only needed maybe 10% of the season.
The 3" also seems to run 1-2 bars warmer on the gauge, than the guys running 2.5" in our group.
A 2.5" gets around pretty well majority of the time.
Which makes me wonder if a Camso Extreme 2.75" might be a good compromise for a majority of the snow conditions (wishful thinking)?

What has been the feeback from the Poo guys on the 3.25" out of curiosity?

I am pretty sure but correct me if I am wrong. I don’t think that poo 2.75 is a true 2.75 it includes the belt in the measurement. So doos 2.5” is a 2.75” or close to it.
Its also not hard to make a 3” a 2.75, but not sure why you would even want to.

I am pretty sure but correct me if I am wrong. I don’t think that poo 2.75 is a true 2.75 it includes the belt in the measurement. So doos 2.5” is a 2.75” or close to it.
I'm not sure how Poo measures their tracks.
I know the hillclimbers used to cut down their tracks for competition, but it leaves a hard paddle with what is left over.
The soft tip that is cut off the paddle seems to give the track the best performance for backcountry powder.

The Series 8 Polaris track actually measures very close to a 2.75 without the belt, maybe 2.725...

Ya, that seems like a pretty come mod to put the Lynx track on the Polaris.
The Doo track lacks a bit of longevity, IMO
It seems the snow around here, lately, the 3" is only needed maybe 10% of the season.
The 3" also seems to run 1-2 bars warmer on the gauge, than the guys running 2.5" in our group.
A 2.5" gets around pretty well majority of the time.
Which makes me wonder if a Camso Extreme 2.75" might be a good compromise for a majority of the snow conditions (wishful thinking)?

What has been the feeback from the Poo guys on the 3.25" out of curiosity?

We've been very happy with the 3.25's. Durability seems a lot better than the series 8. Most any of the tracks do fine when the snow is hero.. But when we get the days that separate the men from the boys the 3.25 is the track to have. I sold several tracks to customers who rode my sled last year with the 3.25. Series 8's, 300lx's, M700's, M770's none of them could compete..

The best option is turbo 65 3 in. For 3ft and deeper and my daughters 600 54 2& a half for anything under. I hate riding my turbo in less than 2ft of fresh.

The Poo 3.25" is a ripper but no better than the Doo 3" IMO. Much much better than any of the previous Poo tracks though. Poo 2.75 has the lifespan of a 3" and the traction of a 2.5"
Seems all of the 3.5" pitch tracks have a much shorter lifespan than the 3.00" and under pitch from a few years ago.

The Poo 3.25" is a ripper but no better than the Doo 3" IMO. Much much better than any of the previous Poo tracks though. Poo 2.75 has the lifespan of a 3" and the traction of a 2.5"
Seems all of the 3.5" pitch tracks have a much shorter lifespan than the 3.00" and under pitch from a few years ago.
It seems in this quest for weight reduction, we now have fragile single ply tracks, that only last a few seasons (depending on how they were treated).
I don't know about the rest of ya, but I don't really love swapping tracks anymore.
I would rather have a multi ply, fully clipped, heavier track that will still be going strong in 10 years!

Would recommend skidoos 2.86 pitch 2.5 inch lug track for durability. That’s what the hillclimb guys run for the most part. Spins super quick but hooks up very well. Wasn’t able to compare it directly back to back but I really feel like the 2.5/2.86pitch wanted to propel you forward while the 3/3.5pitch wanted to dig in and wheelie.

Premium Features

Back