• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TRA vs TRA 7

MtnRidr4Life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2008
Fargo, ND
Is the TRA 7 able to fit on an 01 800, or are the angles different? I tried searching through snowest and didn't find anything.

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Is the TRA 7 able to fit on an 01 800, or are the angles different? I tried searching through snowest and didn't find anything.
That is because this kind of information is at my website.:face-icon-small-win
Increase your Clutching IQ

If you put the TRA7 on the 01 engine then to satisfy the requirements for correct belt width, you have to know...
TRA2~older = 1-3/8 wide belt
TRA3~newer = 1.5" wide belt

If you run the TRA3,4,5,7 on your engine then you will have to take your secondary clutch and install a shim that will push the sheaves open the correct amount to fit the 1.5" wide belt needed for that #7 primary.

Then can run the best drive belt 377 for highest heat soak capacity.

The TRA7 is VSA (Variable Sheave Angle) and goes from somewhere around 11 to 15 degrees. The older secondary has 12 degrees.
The mismatch of sheave angle is not a problem and usually reveals slight rpm increase to where you can overcome with pinweight to push the rpms back down.
I have helped set up a lot of sled over the years like yours (older iron marrying newer clutches due to not being able to find replacement ramps for the tra-2's) and the 415 ramp is still a bonus ramp to run on the older iron.

The Paragon secondary you have on the sled is a work of art.:heart: Hats off to Duane Watt! :wine: :wine:

Last edited:
Premium Features