• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tool kits?

Hey all,

What do you normally carry with you when you go out into the backcountry? What kind of tools? I'm thinking I should make up some sort of tool kit, but I'm not sure exactly what? My snowmobile didn't come with any tool kit at all.

Thanks guys!

Merry Christmas and LET IT SNOW!

J
Dec 15, 2008
Orofino, Id
Allens, Torx, 2-Cresents (Some specific size wrenchs too) little magnetic tray, pliers, "Vice Grip" needle nose (Exhause springs) screwdirver handle that has multibits, teflon tape, zip ties, some wire, elect tape, small bore light. Without going out to the sled not sure what else is in my pouch. Have a "pencil-type" school bag 6"x11" or so that is strapped under my hood.

There are some good post floating around reguarding tools, backcounrty survival, tips and tricks of the trade.

My biggest complaint is that sleds are metric or standard just like everything else, so just because I have it in my bag it may not fit your sled. I have taylored my kit to my sleds over the years (each brand may have something specific you want to carry) and have been told I carry too much sometime (also have tunnel bag and back pack) But I would rather be prepared than rely on hopes and fumes to get me home.

Premium Features