• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tool kit

kyinwa

Lifetime Membership
If you were going to put together a field tool kit for the G4, what would you put in it? We got into a situation where we needed to remove the brake cover below the left footwell last week and didn't have the needed T30 to remove one of the bolts so I have been thinking about what I might absolutely need and wanted to get your thoughts.

Here is what I came up with so far:

10MM & 12MM ratcheting end wrench (not sure if i need a 12mm or not)

T25, T27, T30 + phillips / flathead screwdriver setup - some kind of combo setup

What else?

I carry a 10mm wrench, T30 screwdriver (fits the clickers, hood fasteners, throttle etc) along with a really good Knipex adjustable wrench. Along with the goofy “tools” that BRP gives us

Anything worse than that gets the tow rope.

I have used that T30 a LOT! Super handy.

Not directly answering the question but my dealer told me not to even bother with spark plugs. Said if the plugs foul, you probably have a bigger issue and won't be able to drive it out.

Interesting on the plugs. I just took mine in for running bad and a code. They replaced the plugs for $134 and told me I needed to ride it harder. Lol I think I have too many warm up/idle cycles loading back and forth from the truck to the trailer to the heated garage.

Long enough torx driver to remove the starter can, and something to pull exhaust springs? I would also periodically make sure your muffler temp sensor isn't rusted in solid :face-icon-small-dis

If you were going to put together a field tool kit for the G4, what would you put in it? We got into a situation where we needed to remove the brake cover below the left footwell last week and didn't have the needed T30 to remove one of the bolts so I have been thinking about what I might absolutely need and wanted to get your thoughts.

Here is what I came up with so far:

10MM & 12MM ratcheting end wrench (not sure if i need a 12mm or not)

T25, T27, T30 + phillips / flathead screwdriver setup - some kind of combo setup

What else?
the ratcheting wrenches are good but i would go with a normal 10mm and 12mm. sometimes you cant get the open end or the bigger ratchet end on a tight bolt. i would throw in a flash light. maybe a lighter. some electrical tape. some pliers might be a good thing also.

Premium Features

Back