• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TOO much fuel pressure, Boondocker kit.

S

snwman77

Banned
I have the Boondockers 1 to 1 fuel pressure set up on my turbo race gas M1000
I got back to the truck and my fuel pressure gauge is reading 50 to 51 PSI at idle.
Has anyone seen this?

My 1:1 external regulator has been on since 2008, so it's got some age on it. When mine "comes off of boost" the regulator sticks internally (or something like that) & my fuel pressure at idle is about 5 to 8 pounds higher. If I get boost back up to 9+psi & let out of it, it generally comes right back to normal. I notice it once or twice a day & if you're not looking, it just seems a little boggy off idle & then it gets over it once the boost comes up.

Chunk of something in there? Sticking bladder? Just worn out? :noidea:

YES, that is just what my sled did.
I unloaded the sled today and its back to 42 PSI. and has better snap on the bottem.
I will watch it and see if it keeps happening.
Thanks matt.

I do not run a EBC.

My 1:1 external regulator has been on since 2008, so it's got some age on it. When mine "comes off of boost" the regulator sticks internally (or something like that) & my fuel pressure at idle is about 5 to 8 pounds higher. If I get boost back up to 9+psi & let out of it, it generally comes right back to normal. I notice it once or twice a day & if you're not looking, it just seems a little boggy off idle & then it gets over it once the boost comes up.

Chunk of something in there? Sticking bladder? Just worn out? :noidea:

are you running an inline t style boost adjuster then? Or just off the actuator itself.. thanks

Boost tee... and have an ebc "along for the ride" since it doesn't seem to work unless I plug it into a jump pack... but BD is confident that they will have a fix for it soon on 2008's like mine that give ebcs fits often. Want to buy an ebc with 3 days of riding on it?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Boost tee... and have an ebc "along for the ride" since it doesn't seem to work unless I plug it into a jump pack... but BD is confident that they will have a fix for it soon on 2008's like mine that give ebcs fits often. Want to buy an ebc with 3 days of riding on it?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
how much?

i have the boondocker fuel pump with the boost sensing regulator on the pump and it was about 46psi on idle.

Premium Features

Back