• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Too much fuel, 9.7 AF

Z

zr900turbo

Hi

I have a 2014 m8000 with a boondocker tial kit. Its the new 3D boondocker box and AUX injectors.
When i hit full throttle the AF says 9.7 ish
I have tryed to lean it out but its the same, went from 42 on top fuel to 35 with no differense.
The duty cycle says 99 no matter what, does anybody know what can couse this?

I'm Not pro tuner, but I would be checking my plugs, have a look to see what you actually got going on in there. 7 points of fuel on the top end is significant and if the afr gauge is not changing I would think something is wrong, possible with the gauge??

Hi

I have a 2014 m8000 with a boondocker tial kit. Its the new 3D boondocker box and AUX injectors.
When i hit full throttle the AF says 9.7 ish
I have tryed to lean it out but its the same, went from 42 on top fuel to 35 with no differense.
The duty cycle says 99 no matter what, does anybody know what can couse this?
I went through this I would check reeds mine were 1\16th open made the biggest difference wfo ..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'd really like to see a solution to this, I have the same issue but mine is at idle, seems to be in limp mode...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well today i calibrated my AF gauge sensor, it went from 12 to 14 on idle. Going sledding tommorow so we will see.
Checked my reeds also and they were okey.

Well, after rising these last three days mine was just a bad sensor. Seemed to have some moisture on it due to the location of the bung and exhaust setup. Had new plugs in it and they were perfect lol...

A tad annoying because I ripped the sled apart 3 times in 2 days and couldn't get it to run correctly, but she ran great all weekend in valemount.

Just goes to show sensors aren't always correct!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd bet money on the reeds being bad had a similar problem on my turbo etec pulled the reeds out and was missing one full petal

so tell me where should my AFR be idle mine is 12 to 14 when riding 14 to 15 is this right???
have seen 16 one time on long hard hill climb

I've had stage 2 turbo on my probclimb for 4 seasons running 11ish pounds on straight AV. I couldnt keep a AF sensor in it for more then a couple trips so went to EGTS. 11.7 in wide open long pulls is about what your looking for. That's around the 1210 F on my EGTS. 3000 miles on the engine and haven't had an issue. Did jus loose turbo bearings this last trip though due to moisture :(

I've burned down way more stuff with sensors and gauges than just tuning to the edge of rich and pulling it back a point or two. Could I get a few more HP with an AFR? Maybe. But now do you really know that limit? Burn it down...that's the limit.

so tell me where should my AFR be idle mine is 12 to 14 when riding 14 to 15 is this right???
have seen 16 one time on long hard hill climb

16 on a wot climb is TOO high!!! 11.7-12 is happy place. I see 15-15.5 when I'm burping it down the trail sometimes. Usually around 14 tho.

Premium Features

Back