• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tony Grove -Forest Service ponders cabin rentals - Logan

IMNUTZ

Lifetime Membership
The Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest is seeking comments on a proposal to add 11 historic cabins into an overnight cabin rental program, offering a new recreation opportunity that is not currently available in the area.
Officials have completed or will soon be completing renovations at 11 cabins across the forest and are proposing new recreation fees to make these facilities available to the public. The recreation cabin rental program provides the unique recreational experience of staying in historic Forest Service cabins while providing funds for the maintenance and renovation of these historic buildings.
On the Logan Ranger District, the Card Guard Station cabin would be available from June 1 through Oct. 15 at $125 per night. The cabin is approximately seven miles up Logan Canyon and is adjacent to the Logan Canyon National Scenic Byway (U.S. 89). The cabin can accommodate up to 10 people and has running water, flush toilet, shower, electricity and modern appliances.
At Tony Grove Ranger Station, the cabin would be available year-round at $85 per night. The cabin is approximately 20 miles up Logan Canyon and is adjacent to the Logan Canyon National Scenic Byway (Hwy 89). The cabin can accommodate up to four people and has a pit toilet, running water (summer only), propane heat, and extra space for camping.
At Blacksmith Fork Guard Station, the cabin would be available year-round at $75 per night. The cabin is adjacent to the Left Hand Fork of Blacksmith Fork River. The cabin can accommodate up to six people and has a vault toilet, wood stove, and propane lights/appliances. A horse coral is adjacent to the cabin along with RV space.
All fee proposals will be presented before a citizen’s advisory committee, Utah Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Recreation Resource Advisory Committee (RRAC). The next RRAC meeting is expected to be held in January. If this proposal is approved, it is anticipated that the cabins would become available in the winter of 2014. Reservations would be made through the National Recreation Reservation Service.
For information contact Charles Rosier at 801-999-2103. Submit comments by Feb. 1, 2014 so comments can be analyzed and shared with the Utah BLM R-RAC. Send comments to uwc_info@fs.fed.us or by postal mail at: Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest, ATTN: Larry Lucas, 857 W. South Jordan Parkway, South Jordan, UT 84095.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
This sounds to good to be true.

Do they get the cabins in, start renting them, next they have snowcat skiing come in and next they want some area all to them selves, next the sledders are restricted and the granolas take over.

Sounds like McCall, ID and the snowcat area to me.

Again I just don't trust the FS any farther than I could throw them.

Thunder

Reactions: cpa

IMNUTZ

Lifetime Membership
I agree you cant trust the fs, but if you are in constant talks with them it sure helps, everyone needs to join a club and make sure they have a relationship with the local feds and state guys. Or do it on your own.

we stayed at the warming hut at Egan Basin up Beaver Creek many winters ago, great time, they aren't renting that out anymore during the winter, its open as a warming hut now. they are talking about renting out the Elk Valley Guard Station during the summer as well.
They rent out a couple up Cub River as well. Plus there is a yurt up by Bloomington Lake that you can rent, I can't remember who rents that one out

Reactions: Arctic Thunder

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
I agree you cant trust the fs, but if you are in constant talks with them it sure helps, everyone needs to join a club and make sure they have a relationship with the local feds and state guys. Or do it on your own.

we stayed at the warming hut at Egan Basin up Beaver Creek many winters ago, great time, they aren't renting that out anymore during the winter, its open as a warming hut now. they are talking about renting out the Elk Valley Guard Station during the summer as well.
They rent out a couple up Cub River as well. Plus there is a yurt up by Bloomington Lake that you can rent, I can't remember who rents that one out

The yurt at bloomington is thru wsu. A guy I work with is renting it this winter and gets a discount as a student.

Reactions: IMNUTZ
Premium Features