• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

To use the PCV or Not to use PCV.....

C
Dec 27, 2007
Bozeman, MT
I have been watching the PCV threads for quite a while now and not sure what to do. First off a little background on the sled, riding areas, etc...I bought a 09 163" dragon last year and have over 500 flawless miles on it (knocking on wood now). It got the update in November of '09 along with what ever flash they did at the time. It is all stock except a lot of clear caulk around the headlight and an SLP can that I cut to dump out the shock tower. I ride in the west at elevations ranging from 6-10000 feet, temps are sometimes well below zero but on average around 10-20F and I run it hard. It has always had a midrange stumble if you feather the throttle from 60% - 90% at 7700-8000 revs. Having been riding mod sleds for a long time I have a habit of varying the throttle a lot (I think that there is a lot to be said about that as in other threads!!).

So here's my dilemma...I had the January update done to get rid of the stumble and it did. I can still get it to fall off sometimes but i never hold it in one position more than a couple seconds. So...I have a PCV and I'm told that it should be used as an "insurance policy". Do I put it on? If so, where should I get the map that fits my riding needs?

Thanks guys.

• 2 Stars
Reactions: Jobothehobo
C
Dec 27, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Ill be sure to pull the pipe and stick a camera inside and check....I didn't realize that we were looking at the motor being so sloppy. I wonder if the update they did in November 09 tightened anything up? It also seems that I need to just call DTR and talk maps...thanks for the post.

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
You don't have to pull your pipe. Just pull the VES valves and look in. And no the update from what I understand still have slop! just are a 2 ring design! for better heat displacement

S
Sep 29, 2008
if i was to put a controller on my sled i would go with a boondockers i have a pcv and i just blew my sled up they still dont have their **** figured out have it dynoed and see where your power curve is and fix it with your boondockers u can do it with the pcv but u have to have a computer

S
Sep 29, 2008
bring it over to walker performace and repair in twin bridges,mt he has one hes gonna do mine just got the drivers for the polaris if ya want his number send me a message and ill give you it

S
Sep 29, 2008
idk much about the auto tune but my dad was gonna get it for his 09 but he said somethin about needing a computer still idk if thats right or not

Premium Features